DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
I need help.

I have: alpine 9887, dynaudio mw162gt's, jl 12w6v2, jl 500/1, jl hd600/4. For now I'm just trying to get these hooked up, I will worry about tweeters later. Factory 3 inch highs are in the dash.

My main problem is bridging the hd600/4 to the dyns. I set the HU to 3-way mode. I connected an RCA from the front preout on the HU (in 3way mode, the alpine manual says the front preout is for mids) to the front and rear inputs on the 600/4 using RCA splitters. I set the 600/4 to 4-ch mode. Input voltage is set to low. I connected a DMM to the front output: DMM positive to front left positive speaker output, DMM negative to front right negative output. I set the DMM to AC voltage. I'm getting 0 volts. The 600/4 powers on, green light, heats up, and nothing. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
142 Posts
It sounds like you are setting gains?

Stupid question...where you playing a test tone when you took the voltage reading? 1k sin, 0 db, HU at 3/4 volume...ect?

If all of the above is true, you should look into the HU. I'm not familiar with any of the alpine stuff so I won't be of much help.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry... yes, setting gains and playing 0db 1k sine test tone.

Is the hd600/4 supposed to get so warm? My 500/1 doesn't get nearly as hot. is it the class d design?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts