DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab sport
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mosconi Pro 4/10 to be exact but I’m guessing it’s the same for all amps? How many Y adapters are needed for this? 2 or 4? Never done this before but I’m thinking I need 2 y adapters with 2M ends to 1F ends at the amp input but that’s not making any sense. Thanks for helping me out with the brain freeze in having here

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nick wingate of orca designs told me directly that I could in 2 ohm stereo mode and recommended that’s how I ran my midbass to the 4/10. I even asked him bc of what the specs seem to say in the literature but he said as long as it’s 2 ohm stereo mode it’s good to go. The main gripe I have of the Italian amps are the manuals. For normal Americans it can be somewhat confusing. At least for me it is. I think I’m going to send him another message and make sure he’s not confusing my Mosconi Pro 4/10 with the Zero 4

·
Registered
642 Posts
Make sure to tell him that you are wanting to bridge the amp !!
He could think you're just wanting to run 2 ohm speakers off single channels in stereo

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay! Never mind guys he just got back to me and said he made a mistake thinking I had a new Mosconi Pro 2/10. I can’t bridge the mid bass on the 4/10. @jimmydee you can bomb this thread whenever. It’s not worth anything other than now I don’t feel so damn dumb for thinking I couldn’t comprehend a manual or data specs of my amps

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just did this (not on this amp mind you). I assume that there is no switch to internally connect 1 input into a bridged output?

If so... all you need to do is
  1. flip the switch and
  2. the left RCA takes goes into Left/A (with Right A being internally connected) and
  3. the right RCA goes into Left/B (with Right B being internally connected).
  4. Then you bridge -ve Left with +ve Right outputs of channel A and connect to the left speaker
  5. Then you bridge -ve Left with +ve Right outputs of channel B and connect to the right speaker

If not... skip all that :) and you need 2 y-connectors (single female input split to 2 male outputs):
  1. left RCA goes into one y-connector female end and the two males feed the Left and Right channels for input A.
  2. right RCA goes into one y-connector female end and the two males feed the Left and Right channels for input B
  3. Bridge the outputs the same way as the first example (Channel A feeds left speaker and Channel B feeds the right).

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
or forget it! LOL :)
Lol yeah so I had it right initially but it’s all a moot point now! I’ll have the piece of mind to know I’m doing it right if the time comes in the future though! Thanks you’re on tacomaworld as well aren’t you?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
1,886 Posts
@jimmydee you can bomb this thread whenever. It’s not worth anything other than now I don’t feel so damn dumb for thinking I couldn’t comprehend a manual or data specs of my amps
Do you still want me to kill it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ended up keeping the 5 channel Kenwood I originally ordered and I am running 500W to my sub (JL 10TW3 Stealthbox) and bridged the remaining 4 channels to 150Wx2 for each of the tweets (Hertz Mille Legends). Thats how I figured out the y-connections :).

I added in a JL RD 400/4 and bridged that 200Wx2 to the 6.5's (Hertz Mille Legends). The RD 400 has has the internal connection switch... so no y-connectors needed there.

I also got the JL TWK88. The DSP aspect of this hobby is new to me and the TUN3 program seemed pretty intuitive in the demo version. I wanted to keep a straight forward 2 way + Sub system for my first install in about 10 years and wanted to figure how to tune this, before I got any more complicated.

I got lots of headroom for the front stage! I suppose it gives me some options going forward with lot-o-channels and power.

Still working out the install and will let you know how it all turns out. I carefully considered the AudioControl option you recommended, but ended up with this configuration in the end based on some of the deals I was able to find.

My wife is looking at me like I am crazy as I also just dropped in Fox 2.5 with DSC's front and back; new Deaver leaf packs; Total Chaos UCA's; and 285/70 Duratrac's on Method 701 wheels in a 6 year old DCSB. I guess I convinced her this was cheaper than me going out an buying an 2021 Raptor... LOL

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I ended up keeping the 5 channel Kenwood I originally ordered and I am running 500W to my sub (JL 10TW3 Stealthbox) and bridged the remaining 4 channels to 150Wx2 for each of the tweets (Hertz Mille Legends). Thats how I figured out the y-connections :).

I added in a JL RD 400/4 and bridged that 200Wx2 to the 6.5's (Hertz Mille Legends). The RD 400 has has the internal connection switch... so no y-connectors needed there.

I also got the JL TWK88. The DSP aspect of this hobby is new to me and the TUN3 program seemed pretty intuitive in the demo version. I wanted to keep a straight forward 2 way + Sub system for my first install in about 10 years and wanted to figure how to tune this, before I got any more complicated.

I got lots of headroom for the front stage! I suppose it gives me some options going forward with lot-o-channels and power.

Still working out the install and will let you know how it all turns out. I carefully considered the AudioControl option you recommended, but ended up with this configuration in the end based on some of the deals I was able to find.

My wife is looking at me like I am crazy as I also just dropped in Fox 2.5 with DSC's front and back; new Deaver leaf packs; Total Chaos UCA's; and 285/70 Duratrac's on Method 701 wheels in a 6 year old DCSB. I guess I convinced her this was cheaper than me going out an buying an 2021 Raptor... LOL
Very nice! My first upgrades were grill and emblems blacked out then Bilstein 6112s front and back with deaver AAL and 1/4” spacer for the driver side “Taco lean”.... man that started the rabbit hole of modifying the Tacoma! That was my crack for a while and now audio is starting to take over! lol I went skinny’s 255/85/17 Toyo open country AT3s

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice... Car audio is also my latest crack. I need this pandemic to end so I have something else to keep my attention other than the internet and Truck projects!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts