DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a pair of Dayton RS tweeters in my car and they are just a little too bright for me. Is there anyway to tone them down without buying an eq? Would a capacitor in parallel work as a lowpass filter, if so what freq/size?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
how bought you trade them with me for my LPG 25nfa's (silk) so I can try out that rs dayton :)

and doesnt your deck have a eq on it? or are you using a stock deck?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
newtitan said:
how bought you trade them with me for my LPG 25nfa's (silk) so I can try out that rs dayton :)
That sounds like a great idea to me...then when you swap out your tweets (which you know you do since you go through DIY gear like a madman) you can sell them to me...whacha think mane?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right now I want to keep them because they are very detailed speakers and the can be crossed low. I have a Nakamichi 45z, so all I have is low, mid and high adjustments at 100Hz, 1kHz and 10KkHz respectively.

If I cant fix the problem I will probably go with some ribbons, but I would rather sell the daytons here than having to pay for shipping back to PE.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Bright? How do you have them installed? Even when aimed into the glass they did not seem any brighter than my LPG 25nfa's.

Make sure you don't have too much gain on them...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tweaked a little more and the gain for the tweeters was a little high. I also found out that the crossover for the sub was set to full instead of low, this helped with the brightness a little and the balance issue I was having. At low to medium volumes I have the treble flat and at high volumes I turndown the treble to -1db. This makes the speakers much more enjoyable to listen to.

I will be keeping these speakers and will post a review when I have time, school just started so no more free time for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts