DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

bright tweeters

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Kramerica 
#1 ·
I just installed a pair of Dayton RS tweeters in my car and they are just a little too bright for me. Is there anyway to tone them down without buying an eq? Would a capacitor in parallel work as a lowpass filter, if so what freq/size?

Thanks

#3 ·
newtitan said:
how bought you trade them with me for my LPG 25nfa's (silk) so I can try out that rs dayton :)
That sounds like a great idea to me...then when you swap out your tweets (which you know you do since you go through DIY gear like a madman) you can sell them to me...whacha think mane?

#5 ·
Right now I want to keep them because they are very detailed speakers and the can be crossed low. I have a Nakamichi 45z, so all I have is low, mid and high adjustments at 100Hz, 1kHz and 10KkHz respectively.

If I cant fix the problem I will probably go with some ribbons, but I would rather sell the daytons here than having to pay for shipping back to PE.

#8 ·
I tweaked a little more and the gain for the tweeters was a little high. I also found out that the crossover for the sub was set to full instead of low, this helped with the brightness a little and the balance issue I was having. At low to medium volumes I have the treble flat and at high volumes I turndown the treble to -1db. This makes the speakers much more enjoyable to listen to.

I will be keeping these speakers and will post a review when I have time, school just started so no more free time for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.