DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Unfortunately today I appear to have had my two front Morel speakers die on me. Yesterday the front right made a weird crackle and stopped working so I turned off the head unit as I was driving. When I got home I removed the fuse and left if all off.

Today I went to have an investigate, check if had not shorted or something, when I remove it there was a horrible smell of burnt electronics. Suffice to say my Mid is dead :(

My front left speaker is the same cross over ETC so I thought I would check if the cross-over and tweeter we working. They still are.

Stupidly while doing this test I had plugged my front left speaker into the other port to the front. Snap, crackle and pop, a second mid has blown.

So before I do any more damage I wanted to check if anyone has any ideas what might be causing this.

Both speakers appear to have been burnt out but the Cross overs and tweeters (at least on the drivers side) still work. However they only both went pop when plugged into the front right port of my JL Slash V2 450/4.

One thing I have just thought of is that my rear right speaker was not plugged in as I recently changed the layout of my install and the cable was not long enough, was planning on sorting that next weekend. Would running 3/4 channels have caused this problem? Or is there something wrong with my amp?

Nick

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that is a very good idea. Unfortunately the amp is out of warranty so I hope there is nothing wrong with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts