DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've run into a problem and I have no clue what is causing it lol. So I've got this new kicker 1000.1, I'm hooking it up etc, it's all good and secure. It's powering a Rockford 15 inch, the amp ground lead is about a foot and goes to a nice shiny grinded clean frame ground. Butttt the Damn thing is kicking even when the head unit is off, just sporadiclly kicking. When I turn the head unit on, still continues to kick randomly. I just don't have a clue what the problem is and was hoping someone could shed some light and sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm new here haha.

·
Registered
19,902 Posts
what do you mean kicking?

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Is it really that difficult lol.
The subwoofer is randomly emitting bass. Is that better?
got a DMM? Can you determine if you have +12 when the car is turned off?

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
If I'm understand this correctly, my JBL BP1200.1 does the same thing, sometimes. I'll either turn the car on or start it up and you can hear my subs going "thump thump thump thump thump", bass will hit every 1-2 seconds or so when a song is playing, but it's pulsing on and off.

I found out it was the amp going into some weird protect mode loop, and I was starting to think it was related to temperature, since it was really hot outside, and I couldn't park my car in the shade. Unfortunately I don't know how to fix it, but it hasn't done this in a few weeks.

Edit: This has also happened with my head unit turned off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I'm understand this correctly, my JBL BP1200.1 does the same thing, sometimes. I'll either turn the car on or start it up and you can hear my subs going "thump thump thump thump thump", bass will hit every 1-2 seconds or so when a song is playing, but it's pulsing on and off.

I found out it was the amp going into some weird protect mode loop, and I was starting to think it was related to temperature, since it was really hot outside, and I couldn't park my car in the shade. Unfortunately I don't know how to fix it, but it hasn't done this in a few weeks.

That's exactly what mines doing except I know it isn't temp related and it hasn't stopped lol

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Kick the amplifier back....lol. Check the speaker terminals for dc voltage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lol of course someone had to make a pun out of it but unfortunately it's I can't because the warranty ran out. I guess I'll just take it to a shop, sorry I'm not diy enough��

·
Registered
3,522 Posts

What rev is it? I believe there was a revision made but can't remember what it was for...perhaps this issue you speak of. I never had this issue with any of my bp1200.1.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
What rev is it? I believe there was a revision made but can't remember what it was for...perhaps this issue you speak of. I never had this issue with any of my bp1200.1.
I'm really not sure. I think it was purchased in '99 or '00. I'd have to take it out of my car and look at it, but it actually did it again this morning.

·
Banned
8,729 Posts
Lol of course someone had to make a pun out of it but unfortunately it's I can't because the warranty ran out. I guess I'll just take it to a shop, sorry I'm not diy enough��
Question is do you want to be? if so there is two thing you need to do to fix pretty much anything. first answer every question asked to the best of your ability, secondly follow directions given exactly. Also try not to use slang as kicking. subs kept playing kicking sounds for 30 seconds after power disconnected is what we would be looking for. as example.:)
if that make sense and you ready we can try again.
If you don`t understand a question just ask, nothing wrong if you don`t know what DMM is. We are good bunch and honestly want to help if you willing to learn and follow directions. Once problem diagnosed and say amp hit the dust we could point you to the right direction who can fix it for reasonable price.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Question is do you want to be? if so there is two thing you need to do to fix pretty much anything. first answer every question asked to the best of your ability, secondly follow directions given exactly. Also try not to use slang as kicking. subs kept playing kicking sounds for 30 seconds after power disconnected is what we would be looking for. as example.:)
if that make sense and you ready we can try again.
If you don`t understand a question just ask, nothing wrong if you don`t know what DMM is. We are good bunch and honestly want to help if you willing to learn and follow directions. Once problem diagnosed and say amp hit the dust we could point you to the right direction who can fix it for reasonable price.
good answer
i would probably to just get a new amp.
asia amps are throw away now a days.unless you know a shop locally.zed audio will fix it for a flat rate of 199.00 plus shipping $$$ seems kinda high to me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts