DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was taking this tweeter out of my install and I pulled one of the terminals out. The wire broke off too. If you have any idea on how I can fix this please let me know. I assume I will have to solder something together. I've seen where some people solder longer wires on to their speakers. I'm thinking this may be a good time to improve them. How do you think I should fix this?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have put every muscle I have got into trying to twist this chamber off. It won't budge!! Any suggestion on how to take this thing apart?

What about just putting a new wire up against the wire that is sticking out and solder the whole thing to the rear chamber wall?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here is a quote from that link i previously posted.

<quote> I discover that the backs actually twist on and off and have locking tabs.</quote>

Looks like you have to unlock the tabs THEN twist off.

As far as soldering hard to say without seeing... might be a danger of melting the housing.

Try and unlock those tabs if you can, it might give you more room to work.

good luck

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well here is how it turned out:

It sure is not very pretty. Im gonna let it cool then put it back together and see if it works.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It works great. I have a chirp coming from the tweets on shut off. I have another thread for this problem. I don't think it's due to the fixing of the tweet cuz it occurs on the other one as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts