DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well well well, hate to do this, but people ought to be aware of this guy and the fact that he does not need to be doing any work for anyone. So as we have it this guy was paid over $6800 for work on my Lexus ISF that he had in possession since the beginning of March. Work was finally complete by the very end of June which was the third time he postponed the build. His inability to pay his phone bill, led to me not being able to touch base with him other than FB messenger and or email and was inconvenient to say the least. His work was absolutely terrible, he lost my spare car key which he thinks was in his car that was repoed, never got that back, and the overall build and tune were absolutely horrible. This is in no way to defame him, merely saying that I do not want anyone to go through what he made me go through with his fits of rage, lies and postponements. People only go to reputable places for installs. This guy was the 4th place that fucked up my car costing me thousands and thousands of dollars, time and headaches over the course of over 2 years. More pics to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the couple of spelling errors. I am not sure how to fix them. More pictures of his work. I will refrain from posting communications between us. Things got heated on my end and I will admit that. Who wouldn't be? Anyhow based on the work....you all can determine for yourself what was done. But I currently have my car at a place where someone from the board referred me to. I also want to throw out thanks to some people from this forum and from other places outside of this form. Truck guy, Ralph Aldridge, Jerry Niebur, and Brian form Arc Audio has been nothing less than class act and has a customer for life with the customer service he has given me that has gone above and beyond. I sincerely want to thank each and everyone of you for the help and support. And to the two guys that have my car now they know who they are. I have every bit of faith this install will finally be coming to a conclusion.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O my goodness! I'm sorry friend. Hope you finally get the install you want.
Ya brother my shit is finally in good hands oddly enough only about a 2 hour drive from the 3rd place that fucked it up. Lol both are almost 1000 miles away oddly enough. Thanks for the reply. Just want to make people aware so they don't make the same mistake I do

·
Registered
231 Posts
Out of curiosity....

What Due Diligence did you do before hiring this clown and giving him $$$$$?????

What made you feel comfortable enough to hire him in the first place?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked with him on the phone, saw his work on his FB page, sent me videos of work he has done, sent me links that proved work he has done. So, all in all you live and learn. But at the same time the post was simply to make people aware. Story of my life. 🙂.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I just hate that you had to be the one to get messed over for the benefit of others. It sounds as if you did your due diligence, so maybe it was just really bad luck. Either way, when you eventually get it back and it’s everything you dreamed, it’ll be worth it!

There should be a global database of reputable and honest shops. I know there’s “yelp” and all the rest, but there should be one that’s strictly car audio only. If a shop or installer isn’t on the list, enter at your own risk.

Good luck brother...hope it comes out 10X better than you thought it could be!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think MECP needs to do a better job training and reporting on qualified shops. 12 Volt and anything automotive related (like body shops) tend to attract folks who are less than ethical.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm a bit surprised the subject of this thread hasn't chimed in...If I saw my face every time I opened DIYMA knowing it's attached to a not-so-flattering review I think I would want to say something in my own defense.

Small scratches etc do happen even when you're carefull...but it looks like the workmanship is pretty poor. The 'lost' key has me a bit concerned...There was a rival shop in OKC way back when I was an installer and they 'lost' keys too...usually within a couple weeks the customer would have their system stolen and without any alarms going off. Hmmmmm.

Sorry you had this experience. Good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the heads up. I just hate that you had to be the one to get messed over for the benefit of others. It sounds as if you did your due diligence, so maybe it was just really bad luck. Either way, when you eventually get it back and it’s everything you dreamed, it’ll be worth it!

There should be a global database of reputable and honest shops. I know there’s “yelp” and all the rest, but there should be one that’s strictly car audio only. If a shop or installer isn’t on the list, enter at your own risk.

That wouldn't be a bad idea. The new shops work is of exemplary work. And certainly would have no problem going back for future visits.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm a bit surprised the subject of this thread hasn't chimed in...If I saw my face every time I opened DIYMA knowing it's attached to a not-so-flattering review I think I would want to say something in my own defense.

Small scratches etc do happen even when you're carefull...but it looks like the workmanship is pretty poor. The 'lost' key has me a bit concerned...There was a rival shop in OKC way back when I was an installer and they 'lost' keys too...usually within a couple weeks the customer would have their system stolen and without any alarms going off. Hmmmmm.

Sorry you had this experience. Good luck.

This guy had every chance to do the right thing. Nobody that has tried an install on my car has never not gotten paid exactly what the invoice asked for. This is not the first bad experience I have had, just the most costly and most unfortunate one. Sometimes it take 5 shops to get things done properly. Scratches fo happen, and that thing is a shop is aware it the put a gouge in a person's steering wheel that bad. He could have been the bigger person and made sure it was fixed. But just goes to show what kind of guy he is.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The workmanship is shoddy all around. The wiring looks horrible. Same for the amp mounting. Have you seen what professional work looks like???

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The workmanship is shoddy all around. The wiring looks horrible. Same for the amp mounting. Have you seen what professional work looks like???
Yes I do this is the trunk now. Sure have. Have you ever been to a car dealership and left dissatisfied with their work on your car? I am not exactly sure what the intention was behind all of the question marks. It's all about learning and moving on and making others are aware.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes I do this is the trunk now. Sure have. Have you ever been to a car dealership and left dissatisfied with their work on your car? I am not exactly sure what the intention was behind all of the question marks. It's all about learning and moving on and making others are aware.
Any other photos of the install, it looks fantastic!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
He may not be from the DIYMA community. If he were, perhaps he would have some standards.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spend some time and watch this video. It is so worth it.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4HPdezUt70M

I think MECP needs to do a better job with certification reviews of installers.
I appreciate it. Thanks for the video. People can come on here and bash others for no reason. I can be a prick to people that don't do the job right and have been but then you just become a prick and the idiots try to defend themselves. I say let the results do the talking. If it sucks it sucks.

·
Registered
92 Posts

That's horrible! Good luck with it this go round!

Facebook - Car Audio's Most Wanted

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CarAudiosMostWanted/?notif_id=1568338494215626&notif_t=group_r2j_approved&ref=notif

1 - 20 of 29 Posts