DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its about time for the family car shuffle. At this point I’m about 95% sure we are going to buy a 2012-2014 suburban and the wifes current 2012 Pilot daily driver is going to become the back up car.
The current plan is to do the suburban install first. We haven’t decided if we are going to sell the pilot and replace it with something more fun.

So my question is, stock speaker locations in the suburban, please assume the pilot too, how much better would the mids from SB Acoustics (SB17MFC35-4) be than the JBLs (GX600C) that can be had for pretty darn cheap now? Please also assume 2-way front stage. I’m unsure about what to and how to deal with the rears Yet.

The SB29RDNC from what I’ve read seems like a pretty versatile tweeter for an off axis 2-way. Assuming the purchasing of the GX600C components, I’m not afraid to give the provided tweeters a try, but would not mind buying and installing the SB29s I’ve read so much about if they are so much better.

I have some other gear stored in the garage too such as an MS-8, Cadence 4.8, silver flutes, rs180s, XT-25s, some whispers, horns, a few amps, subs, etc.

The wife sure would be happy if I sold of the stash after these next few installs. I don’t think I currently have any good off axis tweeters other than the horns.

We have no plans to compete or anything. I just want it to sound pretty darn good. Budget is flexible, but I also don‘t need anything expensive or rare. I‘ll also be doing most if not all of the install myself in my very limited spare time. I’d like to be at that budget/gear sweet spot where I’m getting the best bang for buck/performance before significantly diminished gains.

So... any one personally heard the JBL GX600C and the SB17/29 combo?

Also happy to hear any other advise.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Mfc are not that far away from satoris from listening to both, I know where my money would be going!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts