DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody. I've finally decided to upgrade the sound system in my lowly 2000 VW jetta.

So Far I have a Pioneer 80PRS and 4 130CA1 SG - Focal 5.25" 2-Way Coaxial Speakers in the doors.

I feel like I could benefit from a sub. I'm Leaning toward a 10" Sub. I want something punchy and musical, without rattling my teeth. I'd like to keep the total budget under 350$

Here's what I've come up with, but I want some opinions.
SUB Sundown E10 d4 v2

AMP Alpine MRV-M500

Any recommendations? I also need a cheap enclosure. I'm not sure I want to put the work into building a custom box.

·
Banned
865 Posts
Another good sounding sub for the money is the Alpine type R...

Also check out the Audiomobile GT series... I think it sounds a little better, but has lower Xmax than the Type R

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
either the sundown or the jbl gto series would be a great addition to your set up, no need for the highend stuff since it sounds like your not looking for competition level gear.

I guess I'm weird..but a 300 dollar budget for sub/amp and he gets $300 plus subwoofer alone suggestions? I understand promoting a brand but..read the first post a bit.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts

·
Banned
865 Posts
My mistake... the way I read the OP, It sounded like a request for a good 10" sub on a $300 budget... Not an amp AND sub... In that case I've got nothing to recommend...

Thanks for clearing it up Mike

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I have an arc 10 with very little play time in a Mr Marv made enclosure I would part with.

Was going to sell local but I might be persuaded to ship to you.

·
Registered
358 Posts
For $350 you could buy a 10" Scanspeak Discovery or SB Acoustics 10" sub and a decent amplifier with money left over for MDF.

I use the Discovery 12" with 250 watts, it's plenty low enough and sounds great and will get loud when required.

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-10-subwoofers/scanspeak-discovery-26w/4558t-10-subwoofer/

I've heard the SB 10" sub and IMO it is a heck of a deal for $164.65

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-10-woofers/sb-acoustics-sb29swnrx-s75-10-woofer/

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_m30_i23_precision-power-monoblock-amplifiers.html

D.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
NVX NSW124 + Rockford Fosgate Prime R750-1D = $350

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hey Everybody. I've finally decided to upgrade the sound system in my lowly 2000 VW jetta.

I'd like to keep the total budget under 350$

I'm not sure I want to put the work into building a custom box.
A Jetta has a trunk so go IB.
Either rear deck or behind the rear seats.
No enclosure to build, just a baffle.

JBL Bass Package 2X JBL GTO1214 12" Subwoofer Single 4 Ohm MS A5001 Mono Amp 050036930475 | eBay

Way way way better than a 10" in an enclosure most likely in the corner of your trunk. Might even take up less of the "important room" in your trunk depending where you mount them.
Wonderful effortless bass with all the thump and deep extension you'll ever get in an automobile.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts