DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any pics or know-how on how to build a false floor? I've seen pics of people that made them out of wood and others that fabricated metal racks. Just curious on how to build the support foundation if making it out of wood or metal.

Thanks in advance,

GD

·
Registered
7,203 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I got the idea now. Is there any need for spacers between the floor and the top beauty panel, if there is one?

Also, what is the primary methods of securing the floor to the vehicle?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I got the idea now. Is there any need for spacers between the floor and the top beauty panel, if there is one?

·
Registered
7,203 Posts

As you can see, I used the factory carpet right on top of the trim panels, so there was no beauty panel other than the stock one. this maintains the stealth look.
I used the factory bolts that held down the tie-straps that were part of the package of my truck. I imagine that you can do just about anything, from a simple bracket off the factory spare tire bolt hole or something as simple as a friction fit between panels. Things don't want to move if they are made to fit the spot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts