DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive built simple boxes in the past but now i want to get a little more advanced with SQ first in mind.I plan on running one 8" Alpine Type R in my regular cab Tacoma pickup truck.What software does everyone prefer for box tuning/building plans?And im thinking of building a side firing box so that the sub is not burying itself into my seat back(i have very little space with the reg cab and am 6 foot, no just moving the seat up)....question being as long as the interior space of the box matches the speakers specs does it matter how the box is shaped or how narrow to wide it gets, depth etc?because side firing a sub behind my seat would make for a very narrow and long box in relation to the direction of the sub.Some guidance would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
117 Posts
If it's a sealed box,it can be any shape.[while ported boxes can also be any shape,allowances have to be made if the port is internal] The Alpine 8 is a great little sub to work with as it's only 4-1/2" tall,to the mounting flange anyway and has no rear vent,so your box can be very narrow or thin or shallow.And it only needs .30cf gross to play pretty good bass.
Oh,and I borrowed this from a post by Minbari to figure out my new ported box,completed today with excellent results.
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts