DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I have a great excel spreadsheet that does all the calculations you could ever need. Very easy to use. PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

As far as a tutorial, there's not a lot out there. For a basic car setup though, it's pretty simple, pick your slope, your crossover point, add a zobel network, then your L-Pad. The L-Pad is the trickier part because that's extremely dependent upon in car response and where the speakers are actually located. So that's pretty much trial and error to get it right. I like variable L-Pads just for that reason. Parts Express sells them, if you use 8 ohm drivers. 4 ohm variable L-pads are a little harder to find, but I can help out with that too, if you need.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
If you find it too hard or technically challenging (not everyone has the knack to do these things) Solen.ca can design you a crossover unit according to the speakers you choose. I dont think they charge that much, or even do it for free if you buy the drivers from them.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If i go active i was thinking eclipse or clarion high end HU but will a two way front stage be better than a three way i was thinking some dayton rs tweets and seas ca18 mids. for the subs i think i'm set on the peerless xls (2)powered by a eD amp the nine.1. the amps i have are currently an RF power 450s and a kenwood kac 4 channel amp [email protected] ohms I was selling my system to my brother but if i can keep the amps i will ,any suggestions on amps to run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.