1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
hmmm... thats a high efficiency midrange also... 100db.

what i'm wondering is how you're going to install it... aside from its size, it doesnt seem like it would like playing IB in a door

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
IB on the rear deck. my other friends have done it before. one had 2 15" EVs free air (rear deck) in a Chevy Caprice, another 4 10"s in a buick IB. I want to do the same but with better SQ. Component set SQ.

I hated riding in the back seat of my friends Caprice. My hears hurt, and he didnt care. the front seat were bearly ok.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
DearS said:
IB on the rear deck. my other friends have done it before. one had 2 15" EVs free air (rear deck) in a Chevy Caprice, another 4 10"s in a buick IB. I want to do the same but with better SQ. Component set SQ.
wait wait... you're putting youre midrange in the rear deck? :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea staging is not neccessary. just want as flat a FR and low distortion etc. as possible.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I think so. he says its for him. I think he doesnt believe components are as loud as what he wants. but hes also likely compesating for something (low-self esteem). :rolleyes: whatever. well, I'm not influencing anything. only providing info.

he seemed a little complexed a few hours ago. I think hes considering comps. I did play my mb quarts next to his EVs. :D

ok. I do want to influence this. but I'm trying not to.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Supersound in Palmetto, Florida did some insane EV systems with JL Audio. They did 16 JL 10's, an EV 10 in each door with a 6.5 and tweet. In the back they did 4 EV 10's and a bunch of tweets. The Buick Regal that they did it in was one of the loudest car's I've ever heard. And believe me, I sat inside it too at full volume.

If you are going to do some EV's, why not try some Atomic 4inch softdome tweeters. Just imagine, the piercing midrange with a huge softdome. I don't think its ever been done before. I put this 4inch in my kicks and it was way too loud for me. I think it would work better with some Ev's. They retail for $77 a piece.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
those are bit more than I'd like to fit into the budget. although he seems willing to spend his money easily, hes 17, and kinda ignorant.

since this is about getting loud. I suggested him a plan B. since he plans to buy a hachtback....use the equipment he has... 4 LA audio subs, the EVs, and 2 amps. then buy some tweeters, head unit and box. run it like that. it will be Mono sound, since only one amp is stereo. and 2 channels at that. but its quite a bit cheaper, still loud and he can now afford to get some DIY comps with the budget, if that is his choice.

although I want to let people think for themselves and take themselves to hell, while their at it. but hes already spent money on quipment he might not use, other wise. although I'm trying not to get involved. and let him learn on his own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.