DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been running without rear fill in my altima for two years now.

I had an item that I traded for a pair of 6x9s so I thought I would play around with rear fill.

Jesus christ what a nightmare. First off, if I ever do an audio install in a car again, I am going to run wire for everything I could possibly want off the bat just so I dont have to tear open my car just to run some rcas and speaker wire. Not a huge deal, but it was annoying.

Anyways, I got it installed and went to test each speaker individually and first off they didnt work. Tried lots of stuff and they started working again, not sure what I did as its setup the same as before.

Okay, so here is my question. I am getting a buzzing sound coming from the left rear speaker. I at first thought it was a bad speaker so I swapped the wires for the rears to test and now the other side buzzed.

I ruled out the RCA cable and the headunit.

So I am thinking that it is gound interference on that single RCA. The buzzing was really loud, but when I hooked up all the speakers it wasnt as loud for some reason, but it is still there.

So does the cap over the connector act as a ground? Because mine is obviously missing it.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Without that metal your SOL!

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Without that negative on the RCA, you don't have a proper circuit. Need top fix that

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it is a ground?

Hmmm. Is there a way to ground the RCA without taking it apart to fix?

If not, surely its not hard to fix right? I mean, its just a cap..

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I don't fix amps but I've been inside a few. It does need to have the cover removed and the "cap" soldered to the circuit board. It's not a DIY project I would recommend if you don't know how to solder.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't fix amps but I've been inside a few. It does need to have the cover removed and the "cap" soldered to the circuit board. It's not a DIY project I would recommend if you don't know how to solder.
I can solder.

Is it literally just the cap or does the whole rca terminal need to be replaced?

Or Ill say [email protected]#$ it and ditch the rear fill.

I still would like it fixed though. I love my big belle and want to be completely functional.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts