DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to bypass the ford factory headunit amp in the 2016 f150's?

It's not bad but it isnt great either.

If not is there a good kit to handle ac controls and the other stuff the radio handles? If I cant bypass the head units amp I'd like to get a new head unit but am nervous about the dash kits.

·
Registered
519 Posts

If not is there a good kit to handle ac controls and the other stuff the radio handles? If I cant bypass the head units amp I'd like to get a new head unit but am nervous about the dash kits.
Is this in the non-sony/B&O version? Sony version is easy with a pac amp pro or nav tv for B&O

But as far as the Head unit amp, not really, but you can covert it to low level. Search forscan or go to the f150 forum and look in the 2015+ section. It is a sticky at the top.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Is this in the non-sony/B&O version? Sony version is easy with a pac amp pro or nav tv for B&O

But as far as the Head unit amp, not really, but you can covert it to low level. Search forscan or go to the f150 forum and look in the 2015+ section. It is a sticky at the top.
Not Sony. I ordered it without intentionally because I knew I was changing the system.

So forscan can lower the output but it's still passing through the same internal amp? That seems kind of pointless as the helix I have takes the high level inputs fine. I'm wanting better clarity at the source. I could just do a helix bt module on the helix and call it a day.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Not Sony. I ordered it without intentionally because I knew I was changing the system.

So forscan can lower the output but it's still passing through the same internal amp? That seems kind of pointless as the helix I have takes the high level inputs fine. I'm wanting better clarity at the source. I could just do a helix bt module on the helix and call it a day.
It is still coming out of the same wires on the HU, so I am guessing either it bypasses the internal amp someway (maybe for sony setups it can????) or it really limits the power output of the internal amp....I don't know which one it actually is and don't want to open it up to see if I could even figure out how it works internally.

As far as clarity? What is lacking for you? It is actually a pretty decent HU that puts out a clean and flat throughout signal (if you turn off the EQ processing of the HU via forscan). The bluetooth could use some work, but I don't use that often. I use the USB option.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

It is still coming out of the same wires on the HU, so I am guessing either it bypasses the internal amp someway (maybe for sony setups it can????) or it really limits the power output of the internal amp....I don't know which one it actually is and don't want to open it up to see if I could even figure out how it works internally.

As far as clarity? What is lacking for you? It is actually a pretty decent HU that puts out a clean and flat throughout signal (if you turn off the EQ processing of the HU via forscan). The bluetooth could use some work, but I don't use that often. I use the USB option.
It's not horrible. I have the sync 3. 8 inch screen non Sony unit.

Currently using the stock locations and I'm running AF gb 60's and gb 10 tweeters.

I'm in the process of figuring out what tweeters I want to change to. I know I want something different and I know I want something more on axis.

A friend used forscan on my truck before but my computers been reset and I cant find anyone to make it flat again.

Right now I'm toying with moving to the new utopia drivers or just changing the gb10's put for gb15's.

I'm trying to get it closer in detail and more 3d sounding like my studio monitors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts