DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed lately that i'm having some midrange difficulties.....I'm getting some uncomfertable 1k-3k hz midrange problems.

Its not that it dosent sound good, its just on certain songs there is deffinently too much there and not enough midbass....Either that or i get harsh peaks...

I can't be settled on my midbass/sub integration as i just think it could be ALOT better, mabey i'm anticipating still too much. I now have them both out of phase, and midbass improved, and sub integration is better now i think, for certain types of music.....still not enough low end yet on the sub. But the midrange just seems to be overbearing everynow and then, and like there is too much midrange to midbass porportions, mabey its my tuning thats way off, more phase xover issues or something....

Can someone help me in anyway possible....as i don't really know whats wrong, or if its just specifically the driver response in the car.

On my HU, i have 1k down 1 mid Q, 1.25k down 1 midQ, 1.6k down 1 wide Q, and 2.5k down 2 Wide Q. Thats just to make it sound like its relatively flat.

I also feel like i'm mabey expecting too much midbass still....i mean the midbass is good, but i'm not sure if its my low end on the sub thats lacking and making me thing i'm not getting enough midbass....or what...Does that make sense?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Those of you with the CA18, LPG 26 combo what would you suggest to be upper and lower pass xover points.....for each driver, that give you the best blending....i can play around as much as i want with xover points, Level matching and phasing to see which gives me the best results...but i never can find myself satisfied with one over the other.

I think right now my CA18's are at 12, 18, or 24db at 80hz, they were 63hz, and i liked the upfrontness of the bass, with sub at 63hz on 18 and 24db, but midbass at 63hz didn't blend as well as it should. Upper midbass is cut at 18 or 24db at 3.15k, and tweets are at 4k, 18 or 24db. I keep messing around with points and slopes...as some songs sound good with different slopes and such.

Ideas?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.