DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
18,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are getting tons of talk in the hot deals section and at $70-80 shipped for the component set, why not. These look like a pretty reasonable steal.

Can be found on Amazon here:
Amazon.com: Cadence Acoustics CWM-6KIT 6.5-Inch Aluminum Cone Component Speaker System: Electronics

Here is the thread on this site:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/member-reviews-product-comparisons/28905-$75-cadence-cwm-6kit-6-5-comps-new-value-leader.html

Here it is, guys. I'll edit this post with a picture of the driver later.

Note that I paused the test a couple times to change the protection parameters. This didn't skew the results in any way. I ran it full bore the second time just to make sure. had already made the PDF by then, though, so didn't want to re-make it (takes a bit of time to get it right).

Attachments

·
18,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Displacement Limits
X Bl @ Bl min=82%= 3.5 mm
X C @ C min=75%= 2.8 mm
X L @ Z max=10 %= 1.9 mm
X d @ d2=10%= 14.5 mm

Certainly not a long throw driver at the distortion limits given above, but the sucker has a beautiful bell curve Bl and descending Le(x). Suspension is offset, but fairly symmetrical.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Displacement Limits
X Bl @ Bl min=82%= 3.5 mm
X C @ C min=75%= 2.8 mm
X L @ Z max=10 %= 1.9 mm
X d @ d2=10%= 14.5 mm

Certainly not a long throw driver at the distortion limits given above, but the sucker has a beautiful bell curve Bl and descending Le(x). Suspension is offset, but fairly symmetrical.
Do you like the descending LE(X)? To me this looks like a crap driver. Just about everything about it tests poor. At that price point it's probably what you'd expect. Not really a good deal imo.

·
18,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Symmetrically it's good. As far as excursion it's poor. The distortion due to surround is high, too.

Haven't looked in to it too much, TBH.

·
Registered
101 Posts
!!!!!Noob Alert!!!!

I own this component set. I am assuming that this would help the educated buyer with a purchasing decision based on what they're trying to accomplish. I also assume that this information could assist in the tuning process.

What does all of this mean in relation to how a speaker performs, what frequencies it handles well and which ones it doesn't?

AAAAAAAA what about these results make you come to that conclusion/

I'm sure this information somewhere on the internets. I'm going to start looking but I'd appreciate if you guys could put this in laymans terms.

****edit****
I probably should have added that I have very limited access to DIYMA while I'm at work. Now that I'm home I can read up...

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I spoke to quick actually seems par for the course, shows up alright in modeling. It's actually performs really well and a tiny sealed enclosure.. it might be best in small kicks.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
I spoke to quick actually seems par for the course, shows up alright in modeling. It's actually performs really well and a tiny sealed enclosure.. it might be best in small kicks.
Knowing who is going to buy that set, they gonna end up IB in doors :rolleyes:

Kelvin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts