DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just bought the 2nd to the last one for $115.31. It was strange, I clicked on the link again and now the the price is $318.32

Not familiar with these amps or their quality, but at that price, it was hard to pass up.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hook it up and let us know how it sounds..

I just bought the 2nd to the last one for $115.31. It was strange, I clicked on the link again and now the the price is $318.32

Not familiar with these amps or their quality, but at that price, it was hard to pass up.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts

I was hovering over it last night when it was $107. I almost pulled the trigger on it but I've bought like 5 amps in the last month and I have to call it quits at some point. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I was hovering over it last night when it was $107. I almost pulled the trigger on it but I've bought like 5 amps in the last month and I have to call it quits at some point. :laugh:
Never... it's called "collecting" for a reason. ;)

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Definitely worth a try at $107 or even $115 but, over $200 now. Not as attractive.
Anyone heard a class G/H amplifier before? Wondering if they have any distinguishing characteristics?

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Definitely worth a try at $107 or even $115 but, over $200 now. Not as attractive.
Anyone heard a class G/H amplifier before? Wondering if they have any distinguishing characteristics?
Class G/H are class AB with a variable power rail. So an A/B with efficiency closer to class D. So they sound like class AB amps.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well... if they sound anything like the Arc KS series.. then you got yourself a nice gem there on the cheap$..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hook it up and let us know how it sounds..
So far, I am impressed. It is a significant improvement over the Kenwood X450-4 that powered the highs and mids in an active 3-way setup. The next benchmark for me and this amp is its longevity.

I was also able to fix the alternator whine I had too. Grounding the HU to the same location as the amps did the trick.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
The arc Minis were class gh, and many of the Ubuy off shoots were too like wetsounds, vibe, clarion. Fine amps when they work, but they seem way more delicate than a typical a/b or good d design

1 - 16 of 16 Posts