DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I got two. Whats the worst that will happen? They will die? Who cares!

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
what if you remove the cover or part of it? that would help eh? very interesting.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Guess there all gone :(

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was planning on trying them without the cover as well. Not surprised they all sold at that price.

·
Registered
731 Posts
My guess would be thermal shutdown. They have a thermal protection circuit, no?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Wonder if one of each would work well in a daily driver application. 3004 on the front doors, and the 3002 on a center console sub. Place them under the rear seat of the truck, fins towards the back of the cab, with a fan blowing lengthwise across them?

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
Heatsink size will only determine how hard it can be pushed continuously ;)

If you don't intend to drive it like you stole it . . . you'll be fine !

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I do enjoy my jazz and rock, but I do like to crank it when showing off every now and then. Most of the time it is very moderate listening levels though.

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
They might run ok at 8ohm bridged or 4ohm stereo. Either that or just get a couple fans as suggested. You'd be surprised what a little air circulation will do...

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
They might run ok at 8ohm bridged or 4ohm stereo. Either that or just get a couple fans as suggested. You'd be surprised what a little air circulation will do...
Good advice. I was thinking the 3004 at 4 ohms on each channel, but then the 3002 bridged to 4 as well. But still with fans across the heatsinks.

·
Registered
789 Posts
anyone install them yet? how they running? did you use a fan ?

·
Registered
307 Posts
How is the sound quality from the TXA3002? Can the SQ from these be compared with Alpine v-pwer amps? Are they overrated in power?
At 29$ its hard to believe they are brand new.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts