DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I know Cadence was pretty well respected back in the day, but how do they compare now. That's a very nice price for some good power, just want to make sure they're not in line with Profile (which I like but is still cheaper) or other brands like that.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know Cadence was pretty well respected back in the day, but how do they compare now. That's a very nice price for some good power, just want to make sure they're not in line with Profile (which I like but is still cheaper) or other brands like that.
I'm wondering the same thing. I suppose I'll find out when I install (gonna be a few weeks). Figured it was worth the risk, at the price.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
indeed... :confused:

two TXA-3002 would be perfect :blush:

·
Registered
49 Posts
That looks good. Could you show us a picture of the front panel with all the connections and/or tell us what kind of crossover and eq settings these have. That would be great, Thanks!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That looks good. Could you show us a picture of the front panel with all the connections and/or tell us what kind of crossover and eq settings these have. That would be great, Thanks!
It would be pretty tough to get a good clear shot of the front panel. Here are some specs common to all models, from the TXA manual:

Input level adjustment range: 150mV to 5V
Hi/Low pass filter adjustment range: 30Hz to 250Hz
Hi/Low pass filter slope: 18dB/oct
Bass Boost range 0dB to +12dB
Treble Boost range 0dB to +12dB
Bass boost center frequency: 45Hz
Signal to noise ratio >100dB
Damping factor: >200 @ 100Hz
Minimum THD&N: <0.05%
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 30kHz

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Nice-lookin amps. :D I'll be interested to see what people think of performance. Do they come with birthsheets/test sheets?

150x4 @ 4 ohms for $200 sounds really nice. If they really DO that much.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mine did not come with a birth sheet/test sheet. Jason Paul from Cadence assured me that they'll make the power, so we'll see when I get it hooked up in a few weeks. One thing I like to see is the power rating at 13.8V. Didn't see a full description, though (150w rms, 20Hz-20kHz, #.##%THD, all channels driven, at 13.8V).

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Exactly.

1 - 20 of 237 Posts