DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Cadence Summer Clearance

59K views 236 replies 79 participants last post by  illnastyimpreza 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I know Cadence was pretty well respected back in the day, but how do they compare now. That's a very nice price for some good power, just want to make sure they're not in line with Profile (which I like but is still cheaper) or other brands like that.

#17 ·
It would be pretty tough to get a good clear shot of the front panel. Here are some specs common to all models, from the TXA manual:

Input level adjustment range: 150mV to 5V
Hi/Low pass filter adjustment range: 30Hz to 250Hz
Hi/Low pass filter slope: 18dB/oct
Bass Boost range 0dB to +12dB
Treble Boost range 0dB to +12dB
Bass boost center frequency: 45Hz
Signal to noise ratio >100dB
Damping factor: >200 @ 100Hz
Minimum THD&N: <0.05%
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 30kHz

#18 ·
Nice-lookin amps. :D I'll be interested to see what people think of performance. Do they come with birthsheets/test sheets?

150x4 @ 4 ohms for $200 sounds really nice. If they really DO that much.

#21 ·
I don't understand why manufacturers place so much emphasis on aesthetics that they make their amplifiers 3x as big as they need to be. The hump on those amps is so unnecessary and inconvenient for a car install.

Most of their gear is horrendous looking... but that looks kind of decent. No neon colors at least :cool:

Nice prices if they put out the power... but I don't think I could ever will myself to run Cadence gear. Blaupunkt Velocity series are still my budget amp of choice.

Just my $.02, don't let me rain on your parade :D

#28 ·
I've seen internals that are just what you're saying. Cadence doesn't seem to have any unused real estate on their board. The probably could have made it more compact, but at the risk of interference and noise. Not to say it can't be done (it obviously has been done), but it would have taken more development time. I do think they are marketing size to a certain extent, though. Like you said, it makes these amps inconvenient for many installs.

#23 ·
Hehe, I know. I just got my Blaus in a couple weeks ago, now I'm already looking.... jeez this addiction sucks.

#26 ·
The Blaus 'sound' just fine, meaning I can't tell any difference between them and my previous Zapco or ESX amps.

So I've got no complaints.

#34 ·
Cool, it looks like I'll be picking up a matching TXA3002 to power the Infinity Perfect 10 sub in my closet. I wasn't thrilled about using the Rockford 551s that runs toasty hot at even moderate volumes.

This guy is an asset to DIYMA, that's for sure. I wish I knew someone that needed a set of budget components. His price on the CVL components is a steal.

#37 ·
Of course we need reviews! :) I wish I could pony up to do it.

Anyways, if the reviews are good, then it's just a matter of price vs. power vs. aesthetics. I don't think you can go wrong. :)

#39 ·
I have a Z8000 and it does plenty of power imo. Rated at 175x2@4ohms...I'm debating on selling all of my amps and going all cadence :)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.