DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at this amp for a cheap budget install in my girls new car. 110w to each component set up front and a 350w to a single 10 or 12. I've read some decent things on Cadence in general. How reliable are these amps and does the Xa series produce true rated RMS power? Thanks for the help guys!

Josh

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
The best amps you can get on a budget that I'm aware of are the refurbs of the Kenwood Excelon amps KAC-X1R / KAC-X4R models. Those are the best bargains available IMO. Just under $200 for each amp, you get tons of power and great processing features built-in as well as a voltage display. If I could buy my amps over, I would have probably ran with those. They are damn good.

Edit: Cadence is no slouch. They are a company that have made great amps for the money in recent years.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm kind of in the same boat, but I don't want to touch the Kenwood refurbs. They don't make enough bridged power for me. I want to run 2 channels to a set of components and bridge the 3rd and 4th to a 10" rsdc. 400 watts minimum. The Cadence Xa series say they put out 350 watts bridged but I really doubt it looking at the size of the amp. My TXA series amp from them seemed a bit underpowered.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
I've heard good things about them but perhaps Jason will chime in and give you the truth (he sells 'em.)

I was on the fence between these, the Kenwoods (the newer Kanji line), and the PG RSd's. As you can see by my sig I went with the latter, and I couldn't be happier. If you have a potent pre-amp output, I would heartily recommend looking at the PG RSd lineup. If you don't, the Kenwoods would be my suggestion. Or the Pioneer PRS lineup.

·
Registered
307 Posts
How about kenwood KAC7204, its a 2 channel amplifier 170 x 2 RMS. I saw somewhere these are selling for 119$. One can get 2 of these for use on comps and sub.
OR
Cadence TXA 6004, 4 channel 150 x 4.

I am travelling in same boat, trying to pick one of these if kenwood may be 2.

How would one rate between these two SQ wise. Which one of these will be better and how much of audible difference will these make ?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
How about kenwood KAC7204, its a 2 channel amplifier 170 x 2 RMS. I saw somewhere these are selling for 119$. One can get 2 of these for use on comps and sub.
OR
Cadence TXA 6004, 4 channel 150 x 4.

I am travelling in same boat, trying to pick one of these if kenwood may be 2.

How would one rate between these two SQ wise. Which one of these will be better and how much of audible difference will these make ?
Check ebay for Cerwin Vega. In fact here's a link. I would bet the CV amp is better then the Kenwood. In fact, it uses the same board as Arc.

CERWIN VEGA EXL-350.2 2 CH AMPLIFIER NEW FREE USA S-H - eBay (item 300265796506 end time Jun-09-09 09:59:36 PDT)

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
I 2nd the Cerwin Vega. It is a surprise contender and I forgot all about it. While you are at it, throw in the other surprise, the Clarion..forgot the model number but it is killer.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I didn't have a chance to test this line myself before I parted ways with Cadence but the specs seem on par.. For a reference the bridged rating is double the 2 ohm stereo rating.. Being that the 4 ohm rating is 110w and the 2 ohm rating is 175w it should put out 350w with ease.. The specs stayed the same as they did when being developed and the test sheets from the engineer were on par +/- 5w stereo +/-10w bridged..

Keep in mind size means nothing with amps as the iA7 is tiny compared to the TXA-1000D and puts out 250 watts more..

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
what? Your not with Cadence anymore??? so what are you doing now? for those that dont know ...like me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.