DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in California, 6 guys decided they really wanted me to work on their cars more than the guys around here. So they paid for everything and here I am.
5 370z's
1 370z roadster

I will be posting up pics of each one as i finish.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok today was:

Alpine w910
Polk MM
Bost Acoustic Amp
Metra Axxess
Kenwood rear camera

The goodies

The ride

How much I want to take this head unit home with me

Stock

Wiring new speakers

Rear camera

Done right

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next up we have threeseventy

Basically he wanted to keep the stock head unit and add a little more Bump. We started this last last night and I knew we would never get it done, so this morning I cam and finished it. Today "day 2" was two installs.
So we installed:

Polk DB 6.5's
Boston Acoustic amp
Kenwood KSC-SW10

The car

Installed new speakers and ran new wires.

Soldered and heat shrink as usual

Installed

All wires organized

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Power wire ran

All stock wires ran to the new sub and high level inputs on the amp

Amp installed

Wires cleaned up

Sub installed

All and all I was impressed with the quality of sound that the amp and sub were producting as they were getting high level inputs.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3rd install and second of the day was simple

Who just wanted a simple rear camera and head unit
We installed

Pioneer Head unit
Pioneer Camera
Metra Axxess

The ride

Rear camera wires ran and organized

Lots of wires

Test install

Finished

·
Registered
510 Posts
you ever try to convince these people to get better gear or you just simply provide your services?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'd REALLY like to know how you convinced these guys to fly you out to Cali...All the audio shops can't suck out there.

·
Registered
146 Posts
great work! GOD THE FACTORY RADIO IS UGLY IN THAT CAR... really dropped the ball on that nissan.
i'm a nissan guy myself and have owned altimas maximas and getting a g35 soon!

·
4,981 Posts
I'd REALLY like to know how you convinced these guys to fly you out to Cali...All the audio shops can't suck out there.
shh...we all do suck! dont let the secret out! ;)

i have done stuff like this in the past, flying out...i think hes providing a service at a cost that cannot be matched by local shops and not to mention hes a known quantity on the Z forums.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
uhm..i could easily do work like this. anybody here could...wheres the fiberglass :D thats what i wanna see

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you ever try to convince these people to get better gear or you just simply provide your services?
There are a few BUDGET builds that only wanted better sound and did not want to spend a lot. Anything is better than the factory crap in these cars.

It is not that they all suck it is that they can not be trusted in the words of my customers. They drop their car off to either a shop that has never done a Z before or trusts that their guys will do things right such as running new speaker wires, I can not count the times I have redon a shops install and they told the customers they did something but it was either never done or done half a$$ed.

I have done over 30 370z's and the owner of a 370z forum and he put his own recommendation about me out there. My wiring for instance is soldered and than marine grade heat shrunk. Some would say that is not needed but it is what my customers are looking for. The little details that make me wanted.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
uhm..i could easily do work like this. anybody here could...wheres the fiberglass :D thats what i wanna see
Fiberglass is not what they wanted, I supply what the customer wants.

I have done fiberglass before that is not a problem to me.

Also this is not the first time I have been flown to California it is the second.:D

You have to also understand that this is a family thing as well. As noted I am well known on the 370z forums and that is yet another reason I am sought after.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice cars!!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Today was a 2011 370z

Installed:
JL amp
Pioneer head unit
Polk MM speakers
Metra Axxess

The stuff

The car

New wires ran

New speakers

New tweeters in factory bracket

Wires organized

·
Registered
161 Posts
I dont know the name of the color, but the first car at the beginning of the thread is my favorite color on the 370.

As someone else mentioned, I was hoping they would choose better equipment too.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm not sure why everyone is ragging on the choices of product? Polk makes great speakers, Boston and JL amps, Alpine and Pioneer screens? Where's the bad product? Just cause it isn't Hybrid and Mosconi doesn't mean its not good product. And as he said, it is a MUCH better choice than the factory stuff.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts