DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called up a large online retailer to order some amps and without asking and unexpectedly they offered me a discount; about $222 in savings. I got the amps new for a few bucks less than what it would have cost to order them open-box on their website. Human to human interaction isn’t dead, yet! lol.

Good luck to all of my fellow deal hunters out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok we're all dying to know.... which store is that??
I don’t really feel at liberty to say bc I don’t know how’d they’d feel about it. Although, I assume that if a discount if given in a situation like this you can only assume that the word will spread.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it authorized gear though? That's a big concern for many especially for big ticket items

Man & Machine... Power Extreme!
They are authorized online retailers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don’t really feel at liberty to say bc I don’t know how’d they’d feel about it. Although, I assume that if a discount if given in a situation like this you can only assume that the word will spread.

Given my second part of the statement; I’ll say It was sonic eletronix.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I've had a Sonic rep tell me that buying an "Open Box" amp is basically just a way to get a brand new amp for less $$$. I wanted an AudioControl LC6.1200 amp and he told me that if I order an Open Box amp, I'll just get a brand new amp for the Open Box price - and sure enough, I did. Basically, the same thing as the OP.

I swear that this is just their way of getting around MAP/MSRP pricing (or whatever it's actually called). They call is "Open Box" even though it's actually brand new.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, got one new and one used. I’m not going to complain bc it’s not like I paid msrp. One had a lil damage on the plate cover and a lil wear on the screw that helps to secure it. The cover still holds tightly at all for corners. Not even certain that I’ll install these with the covers on. Everything else is flawless cosmetically.

For someone that is set on getting brand new, never opened at used prices; this may not be for you. As for me, I’m more than satisfied.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts