DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,All you oldschool alpine fans.I have a pair of oldschool alpine 6012EX subwoofers.I am looking for the original manual or someone that knows exactly what box size and specs alpine originally intended for these subwoofers. Thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
if I'm not mistaken i believe those subs are very similar to the alpine zr12s i have and box wise they like em small, i believe .60 to .75 sealed is recommended, they actually claimed to build the box for them exactly the same size as the card board box they were shipped in.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,Thanks for the reply,Nobody seems to know the exact sub box specs for this subwoofer.If you or anyone are able to get the exact sub box specs for the alpine 6012EX subwoofer, showing a picture and specs from the original manual,I would gladly pay you or them for it. Thanks .

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
You could use something like a Dayton Woofer Tester 3 and WinISD Pro to get box specs based off the actual T/S parameters, or build a few sealed boxes and test them in the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Found specs from Bassbox for you. Not sure if these recommended bo sizes are accurate though:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ross,I am definitely looking for the original manual or a copy of the manual that came with the alpine 6012EX for the exact sub box specs.Nothing beats looking at the original manual,and knowing exactly for sure those were the specifications that were exactly intended for the subwoofer.I sure wish I could tell for sure if the specs drawn up by that guy that typed them into that program were accurate.I have been looking for the original manual that came with the 6012EX subs or a copy of it for quite some time now.If you or anyone can find the original manual or a photocopy of them,I would gladly pay you for them.Thanks Carey.

·
The one true SQ freak
221 Posts
You could always just email Alpine. They might be able to help.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
You could always just email Alpine. They might be able to help.
This is your best bet. Alpine used to have a good archive of manuals, but I tried searching it the other day, it did not seem to have much for the older gear. I see no reason why the specs given in Bassbox would not be accurate. Good luck.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again Dude.I keep getting closer each time we talk.Most likely the alpine 6012cx specs for the sub box should be pretty close to the alpine 6012ex sub box specs.At least I,m not totally guessing now.I,ll still take a copy of the manual or a copy of them,If you or anybody comes across them.Thanks for all the help.Carey

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi,Thanks for replying to my thread.I wish I knew the exact year these subwoofers were produced to make your search easier,but I do not know. I,m almost positive that the alpine 6012EX subwoofer was produced in the 90,s.I wouldn,t think it would be any later than 1995.You will be a godsend if you can find me the exact manual or a copy of the manual.These will be for a large sound quality stereo.So getting right about the sub box will make or break the sound of not only the subs,but the whole stereo.I don,t think the manual will have a lot in it.Just a little about the subwoofer and the exact sub box specs that were used with this subwoofer that alpine recommended.I will definitely make it worth your while.Thanks so much.Carey

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Let me know if those help
Hi,It looks like you have definitely found what I am looking for.It definitely pays to hold onto everything.Can you please take a dark photocopy of all the pages of the information on the alpine 6012 EX subwoofer so you can see all the details clearly, and send them to me.I would definitely like a personal copy of them for myself.I do not have a printer.I would even like the front and back cover.Just photo copy everything.I will definitely pay you in advance for them to have them shipped to me.You can send a paypal pay page for the total amount shipped, to my email, and I will promptly pay you.You can send me a private email and I will give you my private email address to send the paypal pay page, and give you my full address to send the photocopies of the alpine 6012EX specifications to.You can send them as cheap as possible since I won,t be doing the subwoofer install till spring time.If you could just fold them up in a letter or an envelope, or whatever will work best for you,that would be great.I have waited a long time for these so I am very grateful for you to have taken the time out for me on your busy schedule so I can complete my oldschool alpine sound quality dream stereo.Thanks so much. Carey

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
You should edit out your paypal and personal info to protect yourself. Send it via pm.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the heads up. I thought it was sent privately to him. I will check more closely next time.Thanks you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts