DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been having a hard time figuring out where my problem is with my speaker wiring on my truck. I have a 2010 F150 XLT and a kenwood ddx9703s head unit installed.

Everything has been working perfectly for the last 3 years until out of nowhere I got the error message on my screen that says “there is an error in the speaker wiring” and I get no sound.

I notified that it randomly would start working again then stop working again.

I took apart my inside door panels and everything appears to be fine. I did however notice that the problem seems to be coming from either my front and/or rear passenger side doors.

When I open my front passenger side door and close it the sounds goes out. But when I open my rear passenger door the sound instantly starts to work again. And I’ve noticed that while I drive my audio randomly shuts off, but when I pull over and open my rear passenger door it turns on right away.

I’d appreciate any help I could get this has been very frustrating.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Do you still have Factory wiring in the door jamb boots?
I had a short once when I ran new speaker wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Normally when doors open and close are causing issues it’s likely broken wires in the rubber sleeve between the door and the pillar

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I still have factory wiring for everything in the doors with the exception of new speakers I put in in all 4 doors with a 2 wire adapter harness that goes from the stock connector to the speaker.

It’s just strange that when I close the front passenger door it shuts off, but when I open the rear passenger door it turns back on.

I did glance at the wiring harness from the pillar to the door and most of it is wrapped in black nylon or something but the exposed wire that I could see looks fine.

Should I unwrap the wires so I can actually see them and inspect them?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts