DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the added listeing time today and tweaking stages still, i've noticed that the accuracy that i have with my tempest, Sealed 4.5cf box seems so accurate that it could almost be too accurate for my tastes, but mabey i'm just not used to it yet. But the sub does sound awesome, and i'm loving it, still trying to decide if i need to port it or whatnot, because i think i'm used to a little higher internal delay, whereas my Sealed box has <8ms delay straight down to 20hz, not sure if thats good but seams that way. Its almost too accurate for my tastes.

Now i've been trying to level match it with my front stage and such, and some songs it matches very well, others it really dosent match that great, what songs and such should i use to specifically work on midbass/sub xover, i have them right now at 63hz and it sounds good, but some times the sub is overempasized or the midbass is over emphasized, i can't get it right on. Xover b/w the midbass/tweets are very good right now.

Only problem is midbass and sub, conversion, and sub level matching.

Opinions, suggestions?

· Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bud that was one hell of a packed post, i dunno what you did tonight but you seemed on fire in that post lol. I've been tuning some alot lately with the focal #4 disk, and some other random CD's that just have pretty a pretty heafty range on them, some i can get to sound awesome, others are sorta bla.

· Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i've got the Focal #4 and #6, thats it, I really want to get some of the sheffield labs and Autosound cd's, but dunno where to get them. I got mine a month or so ago when someone had hosted them and put the link's up here on a thread, search for them, they may still be active but i doubt it.

Really want to get ahold of lots of test cd's, i have probobly 5x as many bass test cd's than actual SQ cd's, and i've got a SQ system, so time to rack up on the test cd's.

The focal disks are just a mix of some dynamic and SQ oriented songs, thats it really, no phase tests, stage tests, or anything......

· Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aight good deal, heading to work right now, so when i get home tonight i'll make some "back ups" for you, and i'll PM you then, ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.