DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this isn't a dumb question...but the situation is in a nutshell i've had several issues with my system and took it to an installer that was highly recommended. I can say that these guys were the most knowledgeable installers i've ever spoken too and I learned quite a bit from them. Anyway, they removed some shoddy wiring in my front door speakers and took out my two amps (4 channel and sub amp)...both JL v2 Slash series amps. They put the amps on a small shelf on the floor of the shop away from the truck so they had room to work with the wiring.

My concern is that today there were 70-80mph winds here and a ton of dust and dirt was getting blown EVERYWHERE. Just walking a second outside and my eyes were blinded with dirt particles, dust, etc. Anyway, when I walked into the shop area I noticed my amps were outside my truck inside the shop which I normally wouldn't of even thought about. But the fact that these dust/storms were crazy had me walk over to my amps and when I ran my finger across the front of them a small layer of dirt/dust was sure enough on the outside of both amps. I know the dirt blown onto the outside of the amp isn't gonna do anything but my concern is that dirt/dust was blown into the hole openings in the ground, power, remote and speaker inputs....

so my question is...could this potentially do any damage to the amps? Thanks very much in advance.

·
Registered
302 Posts
You live in SoCal too? :laugh: It's quite windy. The only thing I'm coming up with is you'll want to blow out the RCA's, gains, and xover potentiometers with compressed air. Dust and dirt can make electrical contace points very unhappy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MikeDee....

thank you for the reply. Those were the areas on the amp I was most concerned with. I didn't think the dirt/dust could get to the board in the amp and cause any kind of issue...I was just more concerned with those openings on the amp where the "connectors" go. If there were ever a "dirt-storm"...it was yesterday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts