DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to simplify my car stereo by using one of the Helix DSP amps to replace both an amp and a processor. I have a center channel and I do like the surround sound in my convertible. Can these Helix DSP Amps do a center channel and / or surround sound processing? I also have a Pioneer DEH-80PRS currently in my car.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought. No surround sound decoding with the Helix DSP Amp combos. I guess I will keep my MS-8 which will allow me to use my Helix P Six DSP Mk II to run the mid / tweet center active, the tweets and mids in the door active, and bridge my Alpine V9 for the door mid bass, and the sub. Then I can use the MS-8 to power the rear fill. This should work well.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
That's what I thought. No surround sound decoding with the Helix DSP Amp combos. I guess I will keep my MS-8 which will allow me to use my Helix P Six DSP Mk II to run the mid / tweet center active, the tweets and mids in the door active, and bridge my Alpine V9 for the door mid bass, and the sub. Then I can use the MS-8 to power the rear fill. This should work well.
Sounds like a plan. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts