DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have:

*Dodge Ram 07 Quad Cab
*PPI 356cs comps. 6.5 drivers in door w/ custom baffles, tweets drilled in upper door above driver. Stock crossovers.
*Alpine PDX 4.150
*Kicker 8" Underseat sub
*AudioControl EQS 6 channel eq
*Pioneer AVIC D3
*Boston 6.5 Rear Fill (not enabled)

Things sound pretty darn good, once tuned with the Audiocontrol EQS. I am wondering if I can improve the quality with dash 3.5s in factory locations. I could use two channels from the audiocontrol to tune.

Because of the upright seating, the mid drivers are around knee level.

I really like the tweets in the PPI set. If I did use ful range dash speakers, would I be able to continue using the tweets, or would I disable them and basically use the door drivers for midbass?

Or is this not worth the time and trouble. Things sound very good, I just think it might be better with higher speakers.

·
Registered
413 Posts
By looking at what you have IMO to get more out of what you have and bring your sound stage up some I would get some kick panels for the component set and bring the Bostons up to the front doors and use as dedicated mid-bass drivers. The after market kick panels are flimsy and need reinforced but are still allot easier and or cheaper than custom ones. The doors will need sealed and deadened well to give you a good strong mid-bass. You can find 300hz two way x-overs on E-bay cheap if you don't have the extra amp channels for now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts