DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Can I use relays to delay an amps speaker outputs?

586 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  crdi_lover 
#1 ·
So cut to the chase I have turn on pop I can't get rid of. So I was wondering if I could run my tweeters through relays and use a remote turn on delay to trigger the relays to close after the couple seconds, delaying the tweeters ouput until after the turn on pop occurs. Is this possible or will it cause other unwanted noise or relay problems cause of the AC/DC power?

Where I'm at with troubleshooting So far:
  • I have 2 NVX amps, a Dayton 408 and an OEM radio. Ground is bolted to paintless chassis. Replaced ground to chassis from the battery. 408 and radio are grounded to the same place the amps are. Tried XTRI1 3 second turn on delay for the amps, but it just delayed the popping, even manually connecting the amps remote after 30+ seconds pops. I also tried turning on the amps before powering up the 408 and then the amps popped on turn on and again when the Dayton powered on. My amps turn on completely pop free when it's not connected to my Dayton 408, for instance shorted or using a PAC LOC. Also, powering on the Dayton then turning on my home audio reciever did the same high pitched pop, So I assume it's a Dayton 408 issue. Tried switching the Dayton turn on from remote to speaker sensing. I updated firmware ...still pops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.