DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically a long story short I had a member on here who kept messaging me about a product I had for sale. I wasted what to me was time I could have used on other things. Now I'm not saying I have no time to spare I'm just saying to me it seemed wasted. The reason I say this is because they would message me about the product with questions and I would respond. Well after receiving about 5 or 6 messages back, I flat out asked them if they wanted to buy the item or not. They responded by saying they to ask their spouse.

Now it has been months later and I get a response from them asking if I still had the item for sale...

Why would someone message a seller with so many questions on an item they had no clear immediate intention on buying???

·
Registered
696 Posts
That would a be a little annoying but he shouldn't be banned for it. If you choose to respond to his questions that's your choice but from what you said that doesn't qualify as harassment.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
Basically a long story short I had a member on here who kept messaging me about a product I had for sale. I wasted what to me was time I could have used on other things. Now I'm not saying I have no time to spare I'm just saying to me it seemed wasted. The reason I say this is because they would message me about the product with questions and I would respond. Well after receiving about 5 or 6 messages back, I flat out asked them if they wanted to buy the item or not. They responded by saying they to ask their spouse.

Now it has been months later and I get a response from them asking if I still had the item for sale...

Why would someone message a seller with so many questions on an item they had no clear immediate intention on buying???
Title=Nope, not in this case.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know it might come off as kind of anal on my part, but I was more less venting too. I didn't want to put it in the general because of the clearence needed to view this area of the forum.

It is just annoying... It's almost like going into a local shop named "X" and talking with them for a week about buying a stereo thru them. Then scheduling the day to pay and have in it all installed and when you show up you tell them it was just installed at their competitor local shop "Y"!!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
That's part of a sale IMO, if you keep entertaining his questions that's an invitation to keep asking. If someone bugs me too much I'll just tell them I'm not interested in dealing with them.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I've had a career in sales for over 13 years & jump to this conclusion:
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

Provide the PDF Spec Sheet & revert him/her to various threads on the matter. Usually rectifies the problem instantly.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
I've got a guy that won't leave me alone... keeps offering me half of my asking price on an item, wants me to ship it to caniada for that.....

I already told dude, I'd just keep the speakers for that... I still get a PM about every other month... blah blah blah, you've been trying to sell them since october... blah blah blah...

Like seriously dude? leave me the hell alone..

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
I've got a guy that won't leave me alone... keeps offering me half of my asking price on an item, wants me to ship it to caniada for that.....

I already told dude, I'd just keep the speakers for that... I still get a PM about every other month... blah blah blah, you've been trying to sell them since october... blah blah blah...

Tell him you sold them to me and maybe he'll finally shut up. :p
PM me the details.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,359 Posts

Block them

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
It is just annoying... It's almost like going into a local shop named "X" and talking with them for a week about buying a stereo thru them. Then scheduling the day to pay and have in it all installed and when you show up you tell them it was just installed at their competitor local shop "Y"!!!
This happens to me on a bi-monthly basis. It's probably because I'm too generous with information but I really want my customers to be informed as much as possible. I'm pretty much jaded to it now because as others have said: it comes naturally with trying to sell stuff. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts