DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I plan to buy some Vifa XT19 tweeters but as far as I know, they don't come with a mounting kit/accessories since they aren't made for car applications. How do you install these tweeters without the rings, etc. being included? Or is there somewhere I could buy all that stuff or the tweeters with a kit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Where do you plan on installing these?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have my current tweeters in the upper door panel (just below the sail panel), so I was hoping to use that location.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhh, that looks a bit more complicated than I was hoping for. I was hoping to put them in the pre-existing openings in my door panel, since the XT19s aren't so big.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Got a pick of said panel and cut out?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry for the bad phone camera quality. and the idea here is that i am not wanting to take on a significant custom build project. if XT19 tweeters wouldn't go well in this location, then i'd rather get recommendations on tweeters that would instead of trying to custom fit the Vifas in another spot.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Well with out doing a alittle fabrication your choices are going to be limited.
What size tweets you got in there now?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are 1" dome tweeters from an Infinity Reference 6030 component set. They are super harsh (no matter the location), just looking to replace with something accurate and detalied but not overly bright. Sorry I don't know exact dimensions.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I'm running these right now.DLS Reference T25 1" Reference Series Silk Dome Car Tweeters Well the whole rm6.2 which is here DLS Reference RM6.2 (RM 6.2) 6-1/2" 2-way Component System But its the exact same twwet that comes with them.
I'm really impressed with them. Complete 180 from what i've heard about the infinties.
But theres also these and i have heard and would be happy with any one of them. Plus any one should just drop right in with little to no effort might need a little triming. Rockford Fosgate Power T1T-S (T1TS) 1" Power T1 Component Tweeter
Rockford Fosgate T2T-S 1" T2 Power Aluminum Tweeter Kit
Kicker 11KS20 (KS20) 20mm (3/4-inch) KS Aluminum Dome Tweeters
DLS T20 (dlst20) 0.8" Performance Series Tweeter Set Performance
DLS Ultimate UR 1 (UR 1) 1" UR Series Tweeter Set
DLS Ultimate UP 1C 1.1" Ultimate Series Tweeter Set

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You have been super helpful, thank you!! Would you say that the T25s you have provide good detail? Glad to heard they aren't harsh or overly bright. I had a hard time finding reviews for them-- have you seen any? Seems like the U1 are the popular model and that's just a bit more than I would like to pay.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
No i havent seen any reviews online about the t-25s but their very detailed not bright but will get loud when called upon.
Before i had these i had type r's and the tweet was very bright not very detailed but loud as hell Kinda like what everyone is saying about the infinites.
The dls's are detailed laid back and have a very pleasing sound no fatige at all.
I'm finishing my pillars tomorrow and have had the tweets laying right up against the dash and front windsheild for two or three days in the +2 db setting on the xover that came with the set and they still sound very nice even as off as axis they are.
They should sound really nice where you would have them. imo
For 100 bucks knowing what i know now I'm prob going to be replacing the tweets in a stock kia soul with them pretty soon so.......

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
If you go with them, don't forget to let us know how your setup goes.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
They most def will be taking the simbilance out thats for sure.
Good luck with the rest of your setup and don't forget to let us/me know how everything turns out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts