DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Can the CA18RNX take 100W RMS (continous power @ 8ohms)?

1278 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  mojako
My amp is a Precision Power a404. It has a regulated power supply and i plan to use it bridged. In bridged mode it's power is 200w @ 4ohms (11-14v). Can the CA18RNX handle it even though the spec sheet says it can handle 80w continous power?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
should be just fine....
I was running mine for a little bit with one Zapco studio 150 on each mid at 150RMS... watch your gains and go easy on the volume knob and you should be golden. I changed back to one studio 150 at 37.5RMS per mid because I didn't need the extra power and I wanted to use my second 150 to power the sub.
mojako said:
Can the CA18RNX take 100W RMS (continous power @ 8ohms)?
the real question is:

"How the hell are you going to be feeding that thing 100W RMS (continous power @ 8ohms) all the time???"

Do you plan on playing sinewaves at full volume all day..?

If you like listening to sinewaves, ive got no problem with that, but as soon as you hear the speaker start to stress, just tune it down a little..... :wink:
i have no idea :roll:

heheheh, all i know is that my amp has a regulated power supply, meaning no matter what voltage (11v or 14v) my car gives it, it will still put out the same wattage. that's all i know..

how will i know if my speakers start to stress?

thanks for the input guys, i'm sticking to 25w @ 8ohms for the meantime..until probably i need more juice :D
ah yes, but the power output will still depend on the input signal :wink:
mojako said:
how will i know if my speakers start to stress?
when you start hearing weird noises that arent there at moderate volumes.

tokyofist said:
ah yes, but the power output will still depend on the input signal :wink:
:wink: :wink:
nice! thanks for the info. Might as well try it.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.