DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several places including Pioneer's site list the CD-IB100II as an accessory for the P9; however, the deck came out a few years before the iPod adapter or before iPods were implemented into car audio. I have a little over 100gb in Lossless that I'd like to use if possible. Is it just the sound that is transmitted similar to an Aux in, or can the iPod actually be controlled from the deck?

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
The CD-IB100II as you probably know works as an interface to use the iPod into the IP-Bus, which is normally used as a changer control port- Pioneer has had the IP-Bus port for well over a decade.
It's my understanding that it'll only do 8 characters of text but otherwise work fine.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Sir, yessir the deck can control the AyyPhod through the Pio adapter. It's pretty slick, actually. But finding songs can take some time, so I'd recommend getting your iTunes set up by Genre well you can sort first by "Rock", for ex, and then go to Artist next. Either that, or make playlists so searching is faster. Let me know if you have any q's.

I think Treetop is correct on the display.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I tried my P9 with the ipod controller the other day and it charged the Ipod while i was trying it out. Yes you can use the remote or deck to control the ipod which is pretty cool. Im not sure if it will work with all the ipods but most of them should work. not a big ipod fan so i don't know the difference between the connectors for the different generations...

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet! Thanks for the replies guys.

Fox- emailing you here in a sec.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts