DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Nope, but I absolutely loved DS9!
IMO, the best Star Trek series out of all of them.
It had a great arc just like B5.

Yes, I am a SciFi geek!
Started with the Thunderbirds, Land of the Giants, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, and Lost in Space in the 60's.
Wasn't until later in life that I could appreciate the original Star Trek, Twilight Zone, and The Outer Limits.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR
No-way! DS-9 did not have Jeri Ryan... Those skin tight outfits always made me wish I could of given her at least 7 of 9:D

·
Registered
12,010 Posts
yes, but do you know her whole name?

7 of 9, tertiary adjunct of uni-matrix 01. NOW whos the nerd!

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
yes, but do you know her whole name?

7 of 9, tertiary adjunct of uni-matrix 01. NOW whos the nerd!
You win that one. :p
I never could watch Voyager for long.
Janeway's voice was like nails on a chalkboard and the nemesis alien race the Kazons look like homeless from New Jersey.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Registered
12,010 Posts
You win that one. :p
I never could watch Voyager for long.
Janeway's voice was like nails on a chalkboard and the nemesis alien race the Kazons look like homeless from New Jersey.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR
agreed. she went the james kirk school of overacting too.

lol @ Kazons, pretty much.

·
Registered
17 Posts
if you don't feel comfortable sending payment to someone then don't buy what they are selling. it's the seller's right to mandate what type of payment is accepted, not the buyer or this board. if you are that worried about it and want the item that bad then offer to pay the extra 3% and chances are pretty good your offer will be accepted.

caveat emptor.
I agree
I signed up on this BB because of a Google search to an add.
seller asked for 3% PP or send as Gift if I was ok with that
I opted for the 3% even though he was a member with good stats
At least that way I have some recourse on the deal.

I just paid up the $40 a year so I could sell later & see what rooms are hidden,LOL + I like the site

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Any time I purchase I always pay as a gift out of respect. I sell my shit at nutt bottom prices and want to get as much as I can. I can see where I should add it in up front but I never have hits this way! I think it should be up to the seller if they ask for it or not.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Any time I purchase I always pay as a gift out of respect. I sell my shit at nutt bottom prices and want to get as much as I can. I can see where I should add it in up front but I never have hits this way! I think it should be up to the seller if they ask for it or not.
much like this thread, it doesn't really matter. the new "rule" was supposedly put into effect a couple months ago but people continue to do what they want to in classified posts with no one taking the time to moderate that forum.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Personally, I have no issue with paying the fee...ask many of the sellers I bought from. They have an asking price and I add the 3%. Paypal is still providing a service, are they not?? You do not have to wait for a check, then make a run for the bank/atm/scanner/phone...blah. I am sure that there have been plenty of members that have sold to another member within state lines that asked for a gift, and did not charge nor pay taxes on the sale. I think it is pretty silly how entitled many of us have become....something for nothin'

I mean isn't it enough that we all have a this great site with a vast consortium of knowledge that enables many without the talent to take the plunge into installing their own equipment and not having to pay a professional for the work. Shit that should be worth the 3 percent hit you take on buying or selling the gear.

Personally I think the buyer and the seller should split it. Buyer for protection and seller for the convenience.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Re: ID 1200.1 From Matt Borgardt (Not Happy)

Assuming the money wasn't sent as a gift...
if you're dumb enough to gift someone money on paypal you deserve it. pay the 3% to save the 97%. sounds like a deal to me. on 400 bucks you're looking at 12 bucks to insure you get your stuff. $12! why wouldn't you pay that?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

if you're dumb enough to gift someone money on paypal you deserve it. pay the 3% to save the 97%. sounds like a deal to me. on 400 bucks you're looking at 12 bucks to insure you get your stuff. $12! why wouldn't you pay that?
Not trying to begin an argument, but that is the result of trading on someone's reputation. We do it here all the time. Usually it doesn't bite you in the ass, beacause people work hard to maintain their reputation especially when that reputation is the basis for their sole mode of income. There is a bit of personal honor involved, and you expect those that have earned the reputation for honesty to live up to it. Sometimes, however...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

Not trying to begin an argument, but that is the result of trading on someone's reputation. We do it here all the time. Usually it doesn't bite you in the ass, beacause people work hard to maintain their reputation especially when that reputation is the basis for their sole mode of income. There is a bit of personal honor involved, and you expect those that have earned the reputation for honesty to live up to it. Sometimes, however...
I agree, but with any degree of payment that isn't a cash in hand product in hand I like to cover my ass.

·
Registered
238 Posts

Never, ever gift money to someone on PayPal you don't know.

·
Registered
238 Posts

Thanks for that insight, but we've already covered that point. :rolleyes:
Well now its been covered twice.

:whip:

61 - 80 of 102 Posts