DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1300W 4 ohm single voice coil 12” sub and a Power Acoustik RZR1-2500D monoblock amp. Would this amp blow my sub?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Looking online, that amp shows as only putting out 900w at 4 ohms (1,400w at 2 ohms) so it shouldn‘t blow. 1,300w sub with normal power. However, if you turn the stereo up too much and the amp clips, you could definitely blow the sub. So keep your system in its sweet spot and you should be fine. Make sure to set your amps gains properly.

·
Registered
259 Posts
And make sure your “1300w sub” is rated 1300watts rms/continuous.

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Looking online, that amp shows as only putting out 900w at 4 ohms (1,400w at 2 ohms) so it shouldn‘t blow. 1,300w sub with normal power. However, if you turn the stereo up too much and the amp clips, you could definitely blow the sub. So keep your system in its sweet spot and you should be fine. Make sure to set your amps gains properly.

From what I see, the amp only puts out 650 watts at 2ohms. OP, you won't have to worry about having too much power. You may even feel like the sub isn't getting loud enough, causing you to turn the gains up too high, clipping the signal, then potentially having issues. Realistically though, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
From what I see, the amp only puts out 650 watts at 2ohms. OP, you won't have to worry about having too much power. You may even feel like the sub isn't getting loud enough, causing you to turn the gains up too high, clipping the signal, then potentially having issues. Realistically though, you'll be fine.
I had to check a few sites as I couldn’t find it on the Power Acoustik site but here’s an example that shows it is 1,400w x 1 @ 2 ohms. Doesn’t make sense for the amp to reduce power going in to 2 ohms, at least with most decent amplifiers.

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
I had to check a few sites as I couldn’t find it on the Power Acoustik site but here’s an example that shows it is 1,400w x 1 @ 2 ohms. Doesn’t make sense for the amp to reduce power going in to 2 ohms, at least with most decent amplifiers.
It doesn't reduce power at 2 ohms, it's only 450 watts at 4 ohms. At least according to this:

Attachments

·
Listener of Music
2,846 Posts
In general amps don't blow speakers, people do.

Not understanding clipping, sending the wrong frequencies, and little to no self control with the volume.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts