DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am surprised this hasn't come up before, but I can't seem to find any references to it (maybe I'm just bad at searching). I just picked up an MS-8 to install in my wife's car and the one thing that has bothered me about it is that I really don't want to use the display. I kept thinking that it was a two way unit such as what the Bit One uses, but then I realized that you input the information using the remote... so the display really is just that, a display only. Is there any way to adapt the output of the display information to a standard composite video in? I am using a double DIN radio (AVN726E) on her car, and it would be awesome if I could just view the MS-8 display information directly on the headunit using the video in. The JBL uses a:

"6m, 2.5mm (1") three-conductor cable"

to connect to the display. I don't know if it is using a standard signal, but could that be adapted to an RCA composite input somehow?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
YouTube - ‪Prylkoll.se: JBL MS-8 digital sound proc @IFA 2010‬‏
Skip to 2:05

I know it can be done....I just can't find how. :(
i don't think that was integrated in the fashion you want. to me that looks more like what we used to do with digital watches and the mirrors on our motorcycles. if you scrape off the coating on the back of a mirror it is no loner a mirror in that part but just a piece of glass. you can mount anything you like behind it and see it "inside" the mirror.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Can't be done. The signal that goes through the cable is i2C, not a composite video signal. IOW, the display is part of the MS-8 internal circuit workings and not simply a "display".

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Just tuck it into the glove box or center console.

Once you get it tuned, you hardly ever need to look at the display anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts