DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

cant believe i'm going 6 X 9

2K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  5150 ll 
#1 ·
just bought a F-150... the stock speaker is a 6 X 8 in the front and rear doors. since the speaker is oval, figured i mind aswell try out the almost new image dynamics XS69. i heard this speak kicks some serious arse. i wanna go active and not use the id tweeter. any suggestions for an open, airy, clear but not super bright tweeter? you think the dynaudio md130 would match up well with this mid driver? i listen to mostly metal.... if there is such a thing, i want this geared more toward SQL.

#4 ·

Seems like it could work, just have to aim them up a little bit.

I also heard about someone's car (not sure who) who was running ID horns with the 6x9 you are getting and it had nothing but praise, in fact people said it sounded pretty ****ing incredible. Amazing clarity, imaging, and midbass. Just a thought....

On a side note, after seeing that interior shot, it looks like Ford finally figured out how to design interiors for adults. Good job.

#6 · (Edited)
#8 ·
I hear you on that one, those cd2 pro's are pretty f'ing pricey. :p

I just grabbed that one as an example, there are a lot of great horn drivers out there.

Glad to see you are considering it though, it would be a kick ass setup for sure, and IMO, dead simple to install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.