DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Silverado with 4 amps, (60w 60w 110w 150w {all per ch.}) and I just got the subs warmed up enough to be comfortable with cranking them, but now I am getting the dreaded headlight dimming (barely noticeable, yet extant) on heavy bass notes. I have a capacitor, but I haven't put it in the chain yet. Should it go between the sub amp and the powerblock or the powerblock and the battery?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Cap won't do much for you I had to a uprade the alternator. Cap placement depends on the size really. If it can only keep up with you sub amp put it after the block . If sized for whole system put it before the block.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
324 Posts
Back in the day when I was young and dumb and had 4 amps....75x4 50x4 50x2 and 400x1. I only had the cap on my sub amp as recommended by my audio dealer... most likely just to get me to spend my money on a cap. I have a cap in my truck with 2 amps, both connected and see no benefit. In my car I have 2 amps that draw a lot more than my truck and have no cap, with no issues. I hope this helps.

·
Banned
2,276 Posts
Inside of the cheap caps in shops are concret and a cap smaller then the one in your amp.
As said, set gain right but also the ground is very important.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts