DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so my company wants to start offering car alarms, remote start, and keyless entry installs. We currently are a truck repair facility. When we need wiring diagrams we normally hit up our computer programs and they walk us through troubleshooting wiring to different compnents.

That being said years ago I installed an alarm and I used a Chiltons book for the schematic. Where can I get the wiring schematics for vehicles as they come in and want to purchase an install?

·
Registered
680 Posts
You get it as part of your distribution deal with any reputable alarm company. DEI would be the best to carry. Most other alarm companies produce cheap crap that fails a lot.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You get it as part of your distribution deal with any reputable alarm company. DEI would be the best to carry. Most other alarm companies produce cheap crap that fails a lot.
Okay I do have the ability to purchase DEI. Thanks for the tip, I will contact the sales rep tomorrow.

But, to be clear do other alarm companies also provide this information?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Most of them, but they're not as good as DEI's info IMO.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thank you for the heads up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We use DEI all of the time. You log into their provide website, enter year/make/model and you get all the wiring info you will need for a specific vehicle. It will also tell you were to find the wire. It works pretty slick.....if everything goes smoothly that is;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts