DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Okay have you guys actually tried this out? Single voice coils for sopranos and tenors,.....dual voice coils for bass and baritone....

It makes sense.........Kinda like needing a color TV to watch I love Lucy. I mean how you gonna see Rick Ricardo when he's not Black or White?

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
We shall nee to test this theory with a little Leonard Cohen.
That name makes me think of Natural Born Killers everytime I hear it... :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Okay have you guys actually tried this out? Single voice coils for sopranos and tenors,.....dual voice coils for bass and baritone....

It makes sense.........Kinda like needing a color TV to watch I love Lucy. I mean how you gonna see Rick Ricardo when he's not Black or White?
Wait.....I thought 'dual' voice coils made the speaker play in 'SURROUND SOUND' :laugh:

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,007 Posts
Everyone knows that DVC subwoofers are to accurately reproduce stereo bass:laugh:

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Sweet! DVC=Deep Voice Coils:cool: No wonder my car gets to 20Hz with FOUR 12" ones in it.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Wait wait wait, you should NOT hear vocals through your sub?!?!??! I have my Sub channel hooked up to the "high" output on my deck because high means "high power" ...right?!

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,287 Posts
I was always told that a dvc sub had one coil for bass and the other for "voice":confused:

·
Registered
65 Posts
thats pretty funny, i was just hoping that it was someone i knew from college asking it so i could call and laugh at them, i swear at least 50% at the trucks at my school were a cummins

1 - 14 of 14 Posts