DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, need some audio expert advice :)

last week goot good deal for rainbow speakers.

rainbow cmx 265 2way
rainbow cs265 profi phase plug
rainbow kx6x9
rainbow hammer 12'' sub

they are new speakers in box ( old stock sale was :) )

now now thing witch would better put in front and witch in back

and was looking for nice amplifier for them i found out today:

Vibe Audio Space SpaceBox S4 SpaceBox Stereo 4 Channel

but couldnt found any reviews about these amplifiers maybe some one have some info about them and if this would be good
match for rainbows speakers? ( for sub i will try to find separate amplifier)

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Vibe amplifiers used to be popular on the forum years ago. Don't see the issue running any of them you need.

As for the speakers you bought, must have been one hell of a deal. Not sure why you bought two component sets though. You only need one in the front which I would probably use the phase plug set. Rears is a highly debatable topic but if you insist, what size fits in the back? What kind of vehicle? I'm guessing 6x9 but still confused on the multiple sets unless it was a package deal.

Man & Machine... Power Extreme!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vibe amplifiers used to be popular on the forum years ago. Don't see the issue running any of them you need.

As for the speakers you bought, must have been one hell of a deal. Not sure why you bought two component sets though. You only need one in the front which I would probably use the phase plug set. Rears is a highly debatable topic but if you insist, what size fits in the back? What kind of vehicle? I'm guessing 6x9 but still confused on the multiple sets unless it was a package deal.

Hehey. Thx for info. Yes it was mega sale. Got all this set less than price of the one hahahah.

Yes i know that sq likes to use only front speakers, but i think i like more value so will but in back also. Carvis volvo amazon 1965 :)

Thx for info for vibe, but its in similar level of sound quality as rainbow? Or i need to look some thing better?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a old car for that time there wasnt to much music in car so now iam trying to manage all, so did find a place for front speakers:

made a place under front fender

so now i have place where to put and will be nice volume also

front tweets need to think where to put, but rear 6x9 i will put in rear shelf and fiber on it, so no one will see that
there is speakers in back. sub in trunk.

regarding amp found also one option hertz 420 its a old amp and 4x75rms, so will be little to weak i think for speakers.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
We're talking amplifiers only add a small portion to the sound signature of a system which is best left to competition where every single bit is used to edge the next. In a daily driver it's a rat race to pursue such unless we're looking at specific qualities like tube, class A, etc. The Vibe amplifiers will be fine. EQ wil have a more significant effect on the final sound.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont want SQ, just good full sound in car, i listen a lot radio or BT phone, so there will not always be TOP quality sounds. so at he moment i dont plant to use EQ. Just good pioneer head unite with 3 RCS out.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
The term SQ is often misconstrued. You, don't care to have staging, imaging, etc... understandable, but having an optimal system is key in any instance. That means doing the best with speaker placement and making sure they are proficient in the range intended. That you seem to be focusing on so SQ or not, it still encompasses some of the same fundamentals.

The amps are fine... EQ is also for tonality even if it's a mono EQ in the headunit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool, thx for info, will go and look at that amp in if all will work will take it :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
question is it oki, to put tweeters down where is kick panel? or better to test it before i decide where to put it?

also if i put 6x9 in rear panel than i open hole to the trunk and if in the trunk is sub it will not effect sound of 6x9?
or better to make box for 6x9 so sub dont push with pressure to 6x9?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Better to not have rear deck speakers if there is a trunk sub. Yes, will work if you can isolate the speaker cones to not be affected by the pressure from the subs.

·
Registered
525 Posts
hi guys, need some audio expert advice :)

last week goot good deal for rainbow speakers.

rainbow cmx 265 2way
rainbow cs265 profi phase plug
rainbow kx6x9
rainbow hammer 12'' sub

they are new speakers in box ( old stock sale was :) )

now now thing witch would better put in front and witch in back

and was looking for nice amplifier for them i found out today:

Vibe Audio Space SpaceBox S4 SpaceBox Stereo 4 Channel

but couldnt found any reviews about these amplifiers maybe some one have some info about them and if this would be good
match for rainbows speakers? ( for sub i will try to find separate amplifier)
Bump for a cool vintage company. I have a set of Platinum Series myself. Great stuff.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes not just need to put all together, i plan to use this rainbow amp for my subufoer, because it gives out 450rms. question is why it has pre amp and do i need to use pre amp or maybe i can put preamp before vibe apm??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes looks like, i also feel that i will need to put audio capacitor on car, because both amps will like to use juice :)

only question if its oki with one capacitor for bass amp or front speaker also amp will also need it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I believe you might actually have to use it as all of your crossover, phase and gain controls are on it.
yes but i think to use new pioneer Mvhs520bt it has some processor in it, so i think maybe if i use sub ot form it i cant put all the filters and all in head unite and use this amp better for main speakers o i can get better sound ot of them?
what you think is that possible or not?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts