DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a aftermarket head unit with 5RCA outs I got after market 5 channel amp do I need to just run RC a's to the amp and then run the speaker wires from the amp to the speakers? I don't need to use the wiring harness other than for power, ground and remote on correct?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yes that’s all you would need to hook up. And the blue remote wire for turning the amp on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I knew I was over thinking it. 1 more question head unit has 1 sub rca amp has 2 do I just use a y splitter? At the amp?

·
Listener of Music
3,012 Posts
You don't need two RCA's for sub. It's mono signal. No left and right. You can use a splitter though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a wily diagram for my and my head unit only have Sub woofer RCA doesn't matter which one I plug it in to on the back of the amp

·
Registered
204 Posts
I bought a aftermarket head unit with 5RCA outs I got after market 5 channel amp do I need to just run RC a's to the amp and then run the speaker wires from the amp to the speakers? I don't need to use the wiring harness other than for power, ground and remote on correct? View attachment 261891 View attachment 261892 View attachment 261893 View attachment 261894

Netsurfer, You sir are the BAMF of the day. Why? Not only did you explain what model you have. You even took the time to display the photos of the gear you will be using.

TAKE NOTE EVERYONE ELSE! A Picture really is worth a thousand words. Its people like you that make helping others a DREAM and easy.

I for one would love to know what you are installing it in. If you got any Questions on installation, or wire runs, or where to drill holes to run power cables, please do ask!

Also, Welcome!

According to your last post about the Boss amp, Did you already have your wiring done? If you would like to post some photos, we can help make sure you got the grounds in the right place, and have all the stuff wired right so you get the most power out of your amps.

From the last post it was mentioned that you need a Multimeter. Well. it helps. But you can do it by ear as well and get VERY close to get the most power out of your gear and sounding great and clean.

Just take your time, and don't rush anything. Ask questions and It will turn out great!
Can't wait to see photos of your new system install.

Again, DO NOT be coy about asking questions. You got about I think close to maybe 100,000 people in a given week that would love to lend a hand and some tips and knowledge.

·
Listener of Music
3,012 Posts
Email Rockville and ask them why they want both hooked up for a sub. I'm curious and you need to know. I've seen where it gets more input but I don't recall the manufacturer demanding a y-splitter. Plus it says it will make a left and right signal but if there's only mono information for those frequencies then it would just be left+left.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts