DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed an Alpine nav unit last night. It worked last night no problem. Got me to work fine. When I started the car to go home from work today, it had trouble starting... and gave me a "Check charging system" message. I turned the car off, and started it again, started up quicker. Now I have a "Check Emissions System" message. Turned it off again. This time it started up no problem. Still have emissions message. Off and on again, starts good, but still getting emissions message. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
I would check to make sure you didnt leave something wired so it is on all the time. that would kill the battery.

as for the ETCs, go to any autoparts store and have em read the codes, then clear em. more than likely it is a misfire code from it not starting.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would check to make sure you didnt leave something wired so it is on all the time. that would kill the battery.

as for the ETCs, go to any autoparts store and have em read the codes, then clear em. more than likely it is a misfire code from it not starting.
Any thoughts on which ones to check? I would think the yellow wire (battery) might be the problem. The car made it through the night though. More than 12 hours. I plan to take it back out Friday to install a PAC TR7 and clean up the wires a bit. I can check everything then.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
is the nav in the HU or seperate module? do you have to power than module sperately?

if the HU turns off when you turn off the key, then it is wired correctly. could it just be a co-incidence?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How old is your battery?
The car is brand new. 6K miles. The emissions message went away now though. I checked the fuel cap. It looked like it was tight but I took it off and tightened it down again. Ill see how the car starts up in the morning.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is the nav in the HU or seperate module? do you have to power than module sperately?

if the HU turns off when you turn off the key, then it is wired correctly. could it just be a co-incidence?
It's an Alpine INA-W910 so its an all in one unit. It does seem to be coincidental now since all the problems in the first post are gone... Who knows. Ill post an update in the morning.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
The car is prolly just pissed

could always reset the ECU by pulling a battery cable and hit the brakes for 30sec...

There are also soft codes and hard codes... Loose gas cap, soft code, will go away...
Bad O2 sensor, hard code... Won't go away...

Sent via TapaTalk via Mind Bullets

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What kind of car..and what kind of harnesses did u use?
I got the Harness from Crutchfield. Also have an AXXESS AWSC connected to it for the steering wheel buttons. The car is a Honda CRZ.

Everything started up normal this morning and I havent had the emissions light... Hopefuly just a fluke.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts