DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2003 Ford Taurus SES and recently put an after market car Stereo in it. It is the Boss 616UAB Audio receiver. I had to use the modified faceplate and new wiring harness to rout the wires to the trunk. The problem I'm having right now is the Clock keeps resetting and the station presets Keep resetting.Can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
The constant power & the switched power are reversed. Or the radio itself is defective.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
yep... your unit isn't getting constant power.
  • Yellow wire goes to 12V + constant. This is constant power, all the time. It is what keeps your clock running, and the presets loaded.
  • Red wire goes to 12V + switched. This is what turns the unit on/off, when you switch the ignition on/off.
  • Black wire goes to 12V negative (chassis ground).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep... your unit isn't getting constant power.
  • Yellow wire goes to 12V + constant. This is constant power, all the time. It is what keeps your clock running, and the presets loaded.
  • Red wire goes to 12V + switched. This is what turns the unit on/off, when you switch the ignition on/off.
  • Black wire goes to 12V negative (chassis ground).
Thanks i knew that. i connected everything under the dash right. can I add a dedicated hot wire to the battery or fuse box?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks i knew that. i connected everything under the dash right. can I add a dedicated hot wire to the battery or fuse box?
Ok but heres a curve ball. My car stereo has bluetooth for your cellphone and it isnt affected.

·
Listener of Music
2,960 Posts
That's not a curve ball. A lot of radio's hold tunes and bluetooth info for a while without power. My Pioneer does. My moms Kenwood as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts