DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently i attempted retuning my stereo starting off by flipping polarity to all speakers in an attempt to get the best sound. However after finishing (everything ended up staying the same) I've noticed that the output of the entire stereo has decreased dramatically. Even the subwoofer which i did not even touch. I checked all fuses and wires, and everything checks out. Im out of ideas. Please help!

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Output is related directly to gains, at least until it clips. Even polarity changes will only change things in the crossover region, unless you changed one side and not the other. Also if the sub was set to a higher low pass it may sound louder, as well as mids set to lower high pass will break up faster playing bass.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt touch anything on the amps, and ended up keeping my crossovers at the same places.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still no solution to this. No loose wires and after all the tweaking i ended with the exact same polarity settings, The output dropped across the board. both sub/speakers dropped output. Battery/alt were both checked and running at usual capacity. Even went back to old tuning setup just to make sure i hadnt accidentally EQed out some frequency dramatically. All my fuses are good. And i measured voltage going from battery side of power wire to where it plugs into the amp with only a .01 difference. Grounds were not moved, amps were not touched in anyway

·
Registered
462 Posts
Is it possible that it is your perception? I used to struggle with the same thing you describe. It took me a while to realize that my ears vary day to day in their ability to "hear". Pressure variance or something.

Or maybe I am just completely nuts.:p

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No i know what you are talking about. Some days ill get in turn it up and then keep trying to turn it up when im maxed. Others ill be 5-10 turns from max and its bothering my ears. At first i considered this, but i have a clipping light for my sub amp and normally on the bassier songs it would start to flash a little around 10 from max volume and be lit up on full tilt, now i can turn the HU to the Max and the remote gain knob all the way up and it barely flickers. Also at full volume i was unable to hear anything other than my stereo even with my windows open. The other day i was drowned out by a shitty car exhaust 2 cars in front of me.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had a similar experience once, I wasn't messing with polarity, but adjusting xovers, then noticed it wasnt loud when turned up. I checked everything twice.. Finally tried a master reset on head unit and things went back to normal.. Beats me but it worked

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a similar experience once, I wasn't messing with polarity, but adjusting xovers, then noticed it wasnt loud when turned up. I checked everything twice.. Finally tried a master reset on head unit and things went back to normal.. Beats me but it worked
Thanks, this worked great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts