DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My most recent is twin 15's(96dB so up to par with any pro audio woofers) with 5 tweeters per cabinet. Good bandwidth from the woofers and I don't need crossovers which all the better. I think passive crossovers are overused and misused a lot. Probably half of all applications don't require them. So this build we're just wired in series and have some sand stone resistors on the tweeters. Sound is smashing!

4x2x2

They've since been sprayed with several coats of black latex. 5 ply furniture grade birch. The initial test run was done as the one appears in this photo with a few hundred watts of RMS power served by my PA and was teeth chattering!

Here's the twin 10 version I later made. 6 tweeters per cab with 20 ohm of sandstone resistor on them. Just some cheap pine from the home depot...though not so cheap anymore! Prices have risen in just two years by about 40%. Last month for my car project I grabbed a board I bought for $12-$13 2-2 1/2 years ago and it was now over $20.

A mere 100 watts from my Techniques receiver per speaker and these babies scream! Solid wood cabinets and both sets I through fuses on the woofers. Big fat Atlona binding posts, dampening poly in the 10's, foam rubber dampening lining the twin 15 cabs. A couple hundred dollars in material, maybe a few hundred in my own labor and everything places like Best Buy & Guitar Center sells can kiss my ass!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My first home theater system had 2 OS fosgate punch series 15's in a box that i mounted on the ceiling of the basement under the couch and powered from an old amp I took out of a blown powered Cerwin Vega 12 enclosure. it had a single slot port coming up through the floor, disguised with a vent cover. Any one that came over I would try to convince the bass was coming from the the bookshelf's that i had for rears. But eventually I'd take them downstairs to show them the truth, but it worked great!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before switching to the quad 10's, I had built small set of bookshelf speakers I mounted to the ceiling. Then to save space, I threw 4 eye hooks in place of the rubber feet on my sub and hung that from the ceiling too! Won't shake the furniture but I like the way it sounds better than floor sitting subs.

A wimpy system though so I made the switch to my portable PA speakers as I call them.

The floor mount and heater vent subs I've seen online a handful of times and when I have a place to do with as I please, I plan to install my full range directly into the drywall and conceal a sub in the floor. The full range will hide behind some paintings on acoustically invisible fabric.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No such thing, as at the very least, the paint itself will not be acoustically invisible.
Give yourself a big pat on the back for being either a rude or stupid ****.
It's a figure of speech you find everywhere in the DIY community. Acoustically transparent or invisible.

If I were some 17 year old kid I might need you to flaunt your disrespectful, know it all I win the booby prize attitude but considering that I'm older than you are, you just made yourself an idiot.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Give yourself a big pat on the back for being either a rude or stupid ****.
It's a figure of speech you find everywhere in the DIY community. Acoustically transparent or invisible.

If I were some 17 year old kid I might need you to flaunt your disrespectful, know it all I win the booby prize attitude but considering that I'm older than you are, you just made yourself an idiot.
Wow, what a douchebag you are. I made a simple statement about how wrong you were on acoustically invisible paint. ****in *******. BTW, I'm probably older than you are you stupid genius.

Whos the idiot now?

****tard

·
Registered
316 Posts
Since you started some **** with me, I'm going to tell you what I wasn't going to say(out of politeness) about those ridiculous piles of **** you have built there. Those things are so full of fail, a 12 year old could build and design something much better than that. 5 tweeters?!?!? 6 tweeters?!?!? Seriously?!?!? What an idiot. Not only do you have a bunch of flea market fail **** in those cabs, tweeters placed around the edges to include the bottom of the cabinet?!?!? Those have to be the worst sounding, most idiotic looking pieces of **** I have ever seen.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Wow, what a douchebag you are. I made a simple statement about how wrong you were on acoustically invisible paint. ****in *******. BTW, I'm probably older than you are you stupid genius.

Whos the idiot now?

****tard
If it were anyone besides yourself I might think testones was over reacting but you love to argue and belittle people so you got what you deserved.

Besides, look at what the guy does for a living, I doubt there are more than 1 or 2 people on here that could give him useful advice on audio. Insert foot into mouth lol.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Since you started some **** with me, I'm going to tell you what I wasn't going to say(out of politeness) about those ridiculous piles of **** you have built there. Those things are so full of fail, a 12 year old could build and design something much better than that. 5 tweeters?!?!? 6 tweeters?!?!? Seriously?!?!? What an idiot. Not only do you have a bunch of flea market fail **** in those cabs, tweeters placed around the edges to include the bottom of the cabinet?!?!? Those have to be the worst sounding, most idiotic looking pieces of **** I have ever seen.
Again, research the person you're talking **** to before making ignorant comments.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Good one:thumbsup: But it still doesn't erase the fact that you look like an ass with your statements:loser1:
Well, lets analyze who looks like what with a statement.

You said"Again, research the person you're talking **** to before making ignorant comments"

Again? How again? You have never accused me of that particular thing.

The person I'm "talking ****" to started with me when all I did was a simple corrrection on "acoustically invisible" paint.

And who **** and made you god anyway? You don't think that douchenozzle can stand up for himself, so you need to stick your nose in? Typical.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Well, lets analyze who looks like what with a statement.

You said"Again, research the person you're talking **** to before making ignorant comments"

Again? How again? You have never accused me of that particular thing.

The person I'm "talking ****" to started with me when all I did was a simple corrrection on "acoustically invisible" paint.

And who **** and made you god anyway? You don't think that douchenozzle can stand up for himself, so you need to stick your nose in? Typical.
I found it funny that you could possibly think you're giving useful advice. Not sticking up for him but the irony was too much to pass up. "Again" was referring to your past douchery.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If it were anyone besides yourself I might think testones was over reacting but you love to argue and belittle people so you got what you deserved.

Besides, look at what the guy does for a living, I doubt there are more than 1 or 2 people on here that could give him useful advice on audio. Insert foot into mouth lol.
So, my initial statement was to create an argument or to belittle him? Sensitive much?

How am I supposed to know what he does for a living, and why would I care? What makes him so special? He talked about acoustically invisible paint, which as far as I know doesnt exist. I corrected him, he flew off the handle. You come into this.... how?

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
So, my initial statement was to create an argument or to belittle him? Sensitive much?

How am I supposed to know what he does for a living, and why would I care? What makes him so special? He talked about acoustically invisible paint, which as far as I know doesnt exist. I corrected him, he flew off the handle. You come into this.... how?
As I previously stated, he would probably be over reacting to anyone else. I found it funny that he overreacted on one of the few people that love to argue and belittle. You got some of what you've been dishing out. It was just coincidence I guess and I found it truly funny. "Lol" gets used too much on the internet but when I read his response I was seriously laughing. Not at all sensitive, I say all of this with a smile on my face thanks to you.

You initial statement might have been genuine but based on past arguments I would say you were most likely trying to be a know it all. Doesn't really matter though.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Buick, I'm not going to continue this with you, here, as this is the wrong forum for a flame war. Take it to OT if you want to start with me again.

OP, you obviously have very little reading comprehension, so I'll spell it out for you. When I said invisible, I also meant transparent. As far as I know there is no acoustically TRANSPARENT paint out there. I figured that any normal person who had some modicum of audio knowledge would understand what I meant. If there is any acoustically transparent/ invisible paint out there, you could have just said something like" Naaaah, you're wrong dude, here check this link out" and linked or otherwise proven it to me. I didnt come in here to start **** with anyone, and sure didnt expect anyone to start it with me, but since you did, I reacted. I am done posting in this thread, so if you still feel butthurt, you are more than welcome to bring it into the off topic forum where such activities are allowed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Consistent behavior on most forums.
He makes a condescending statement to provoke someone then 5 of you rush to his aid. Which just leaves me wondering. How do so many of you fit in one bed let alone one ******* at the same time.

Just wait a few weeks.
I'm certain someone new will sign up for an account and you can take out your childish desires to abuse people on them.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
He makes a condescending statement to provoke someone then 5 of you rush to his aid. Which just leaves me wondering. How do so many of you fit in one bed let alone one ******* at the same time.

Just wait a few weeks.
I'm certain someone new will sign up for an account and you can take out your childish desires to abuse people on them.
You may want to actually read the thread. There are 2 other people in here besides yourself and of those 2 we're not exactly the best of friends.

·
Registered
316 Posts

Just wait a few weeks.
LOL! Just LOL

I couldnt resist this reply!

See what I mean, has no comprehension at all. doesnt even know when somebody is on his side!
What a knob

1 - 20 of 32 Posts