1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Just what i'm looking for, but I didn't see any meantion as to where exactly they got it from... besides members on there??

So, can someone help me where to get that? Or am I just blind and not seeing it.. ??

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just got some yesterday from Perfectfit.com they were a pleasure doing business with - heres a pic -- it is silver c/f vinyl looks very nice

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
I'm sure some of you BMW people are familiar with this stuff, but tonight is the first time I've seen it and it looks pretty impressive.

I could see this being used on fiberglass boxes or as dressing on amp racks, but I'm sure there are thousands of applications. It looks like it takes curves pretty well and seems to stretch nicely.

[ttp://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203272]:: The OFFICIAL CF Fabric Trim Picture Thread!! Thanks to Soni, Euro Dyne & LTBMW! :: - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com[/url]
[imhttp://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm124/eurodyne/pioneer%20avicf90bt/IMG_3910.jpg[/im
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm124/eurodyne/cf%20fabric/e46%20installed/IMG_8811_1.jpg[/im
[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm124/eurodyne/cf%20fabric/e46%20installed/IMG_8805.jpg[/im[/QUOTE]

You are probably talking about 2 different things there

Carbon fiber vinyl and real carbon fiber that is applied like fiberglass

·
Registered
566 Posts
I just got some yesterday from Perfectfit.com they were a pleasure doing business with - heres a pic -- it is silver c/f vinyl looks very nice
can you link to the page?

im just finding crappy stuff on there

·
Registered
566 Posts
that stuff looks funny, does it actually look like carbon fiber?

·
Registered
7,408 Posts

Leno, that and the stuff shown above is not the same... From what i'm gathering (though I can't get a sample for some reason??? I mean, I was actually told, NO???:mad::mean::mad:) the stuff pictured above it more like a microfiber or even a fine fleese type material...not a vinyl at all... again from what i'm gathering..

The pics are deceiving I think... which is why i'd like a sample... :mad:

I think i'll have to approach the guy again and try and talk some sense into him... lol...

·
Registered
566 Posts
do it, im interested as well

·
Registered
100 Posts
NO --- not acceptable , -- this stuff is not easy to take a snap of either -- it does have a dull finish which is what my preference is for my dash

Attachments

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
NO --- not acceptable , -- this stuff is not easy to take a snap of either -- it does have a dull finish which is what my preference is for my dash
Was that ^^^^ in reference to this VVVV

that stuff looks funny, does it actually look like carbon fiber?
????

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
I sent [email protected] another note about this, hopefull he'll see my side and send me a sample...

From all i've seen it's great suff and easy to work with, but, if you guys are anything like me, it's nice to have someone with "like mind" (installer) putting thier hands on it, to give a better understanding on how it "acts"..

I linked this to him as well, so only time will tell now.. fingers crossed..

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I would be very interested in a product like this, but seeing as how it is pretty rare (and new??), a sample being sent out, maybe some pics of it being used in an actual real-world install... these things might help sway me much more into picking some up to use in my next install.

just some food for thought for the vendor mentioned above...

·
Registered
566 Posts
i was just trying to find a cheaper alternative to $35/yd

seems like a big mark up

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
i was just trying to find a cheaper alternative to $35/yd

seems like a big mark up
Well, real CF is 35$ a yard, but I'm sure this is FAR easier to work with...

that is the great thing for "us" as we may wrap all sorts of things, but if you look at the prices of real CF trim, this is CHEAP..

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Heres a link to the discounted CB products...this stuff ain't cheap folks.

Short Roll Fabrics

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
1 - 20 of 125 Posts